KnittingAngel Publish time 2015-3-12 00:53

knitting I-Cord cast on

ok i was very depressed i have had to take this particular sleeve apart 3 times so far :(so i decided to do some research. in a number of my collection of patterns they ask for a i-cord cast on. apparently there are a fewways of doing this
1. cast on 3 to 4 stitches. using either long-tail, cable/knitted cast on or a provisional cast on.
2. most of them have you knitting f/b for the first stitch and then just moving the 3 stitches back to the working needle
there where a few other ways of doing this that i found interesting.
EliZZZa had you just make the i-cord - making sure you do one complete i-cord stitch for every stitch you need then going back and picking up the stitches. to make sure they are nice and tight on your next row purl threw the back loop.
this one i found really interesting. oftroy had a video on i-cord cast on and i-cord selvage
this is the one with the provisional cast on. and instead of k/b in the first stitch she yarn's over.   
i hope you found this interesting and helpful. i haven't a clue on which one i will try or do. i would post the links but that is not allowed. i have mentioned names so if you search by using i-cordyoutube a number of them will show.

Bleu Publish time 2015-3-12 01:37

Edited by Bleu at 2015-3-11 18:39

knittingangel, if you wanna share knitting tutorials per video,
please read here and get reward from admin for this

//www.pindiy.com/thread-222316-1-1.html

you can also contact Turquoise for any instructions.

LucyLocket Publish time 2015-3-12 04:21

thank you for posting this KnittingAngel it's very helpful.......:) I've only tried the cast on where you kfb...........,so I'll have to check out the other methods of y/o and provisional...............:lol

KnittingAngel Publish time 2015-3-13 04:21

thank you. now just have to figure out where i can post them. i look at new postings and was unable to figure out where to put the ink for the videos. or if there is a special place to put these types of videos. i learn by watching videos i also have classes.

KnittingAngel Publish time 2015-3-13 07:08

static/image/common/user_online.gif KnittingAngel static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-3-13 04:21 static/image/common/back.gif
thank you. now just have to figure out where i can post them. i look at new postings and was unable...

i just don't get written directions. lol. i am glad you like the information i posted

KnittingAngel Publish time 2015-3-13 07:09

static/image/common/user_online.gif KnittingAngel static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-3-13 04:21 static/image/common/back.gif
thank you. now just have to figure out where i can post them. i look at new postings and was unable...

i don't get written directions. lol i am glad my post was helpful. this is the ssecond time i tried this. the first time was in the wrong place lol

tigre Publish time 2016-7-30 00:20

Thank you ;)

Lepetitfish Publish time 2017-1-20 17:37

Thanks for sharing

zolotko Publish time 2017-3-4 19:38

Спасибо

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-10 05:24

This is awesome
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: knitting I-Cord cast on