gegebee43 Publish time 2011-9-14 00:17

the backing on the professional framed piece is call a "dust cover"this does not seal against water. it is used mainly to "clean up" and finish off the back so the hardware and back is not exposed to have to look at. the whole framed piece is allowed to "breathe" and should be moisture free in doing so. If your bathroom or kitchen area is so damp that condensation gathers on the inside of a framed piece you need to look into a fan in the room not so much as worry about the framed pieces. You've got a bigger problem with home ventalation.

DELETED Publish time 2011-10-23 09:07

I used to work as a framer for embroidery and I can tell you that it is definitely true. Also, gegebee43 is correct that the framer uses materials that allows the area to "breathe" - this actually helps against mould and condensation. The best thing you can do for your embroidery is to stretch it well using acid free board as the backing, do not use adhesives instead of lacing, use an acid free mat or spacer and do not hang in direct sunlight even if you have UV protection glass. I know it sounds complicated, but it can make a big difference on how long your embroidery will look as beautiful as when you finished it. :)

jamie Publish time 2011-10-26 04:51

thanks alot like very much thanks again

WiseOwl Publish time 2011-12-1 10:32

They say you learn something new each day and today I have done just that.. Thankyou..

nightlife Publish time 2011-12-9 12:43

this sharing information is excellent, thanks to Tonya, for bringing up this topic :)

lady_heather Publish time 2012-7-2 08:09

I spoke to a really great framer and you have to shop about, but the one I used framed my King Arthur using perspex instead of glass, it is just as clear but avoids accidents with glass such as scorching if caught in direct sunlight, f the piece falls by accident broken glass can damage the fabric and also protects a stitched piece from fading faster :)

karriboo Publish time 2012-11-11 01:20

thanks for sharing with us :)

Nccagou Publish time 2014-3-28 17:07

Very nice ♥

killertortle Publish time 2015-2-25 05:37

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

mrsdr79 Publish time 2015-11-25 04:31

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
View full version: is it true