MissLexeon Publish time 2024-4-11 00:17

Starting to challenge myself

I have been going pretty hard learning how to crochet in the past two months.
Technically I've kbnow HOW to crochet for years now, ever since an ex taught me some basics, but it wasn't until about two months ago I stumbled across a pattern that made my eyes go all wide and i started getting REALLY into it, now I crochet like six hours a day haha.
I've made some simple amigurumi, some somple wearables, and a few more intricate and involved wearables probably bordering between novice-intermediate.
I've finally decided to say "heck it" and go for this one amigurumi pattern that has intimidated the heck out of me since i got it, an intricate and complicated harpy girl pattern.
I'm so excited, all I have done so far is a wing, but the fact that it LOOKS like a wing when as little as a month ago I'd have been ENTIRELY lost by row 3 makes me all giddy and happy, weeeee <3

kpv Publish time 2024-4-11 20:38

Yes amigurumi can be adictive and the more you make the better you become and the harder the patterns you try to make. Happy crocheting.

Hollyhobby Publish time 2024-4-12 16:29

Crocheting can be so much fun! Lovely to see how you enjoy it!

Dotspretzels Publish time 2024-4-18 10:15

Share with us a picture of your finished work!

tooty Publish time 2024-4-21 12:46

That's amazing! I'm so happy you've found your groove! Now imagine in a few years you'll look back at this finished project and remember how proud you are in this moment :)

chillpeach Publish time 2024-4-21 22:09

Beautiful! Would love to see pics too :)

Everia Publish time 2024-4-22 01:12

Keep it up! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it and you'll be extra proud of your finished project. Hope to see pics once you're done :)

toomuchreading Publish time 2024-4-24 02:55

The more you do (practice) the better you become.Remember the old addage Practice makes perfect?It's true for anything. The more you do the better you will become.Don't get discouraged, just keep on going.

fiberartist Publish time 2024-5-1 03:15

Good for you!! I know how it feels to be intimidated by a pattern. Best to just forge ahead and give it a try, but that is easier said than done, eh?! I know. Have fun!!

Kyhf Publish time 2024-5-3 03:39

Keep it up and have fun!
Pages: [1]
View full version: Starting to challenge myself