paribanou Publish time 2024-4-22 12:27

thoughts on using fluffy/ faux fur yarn?

I've tried several times to use fluffy yarns, but I just can't do it. I can't see where to put my hook to place stitches and the little guy, whatever the item is, ends up lopsided and looking like I need to put him out of his misery so I frog it. has anyone else had this issue? if so, how do you overcome it?

BoingBoing Publish time 2024-4-22 19:37

Two tricks worked for me. One is doing the piece in BLO with regular yarn in the same colour, so I would still end up with the right shape and stitch count, and then sl through the FLO with the faux fur yarn. But this eats up a lot of time and yarn. The second is using copious amounts of stitch markers. I'm talking about a marker in every few stitches. Even one marker in every stitch if you're working with black or a very dark colour. It takes time, but at least you'll have a handy-dandy guide for your stitches.

BluBrd Publish time 2024-4-22 20:28

I honestly don't like fluffy yarns, plus they often age poorly. I don't use them that much.

eeyoresfriend Publish time 2024-4-22 21:57

I find that doubling up with a stand of thin yarn helps locate the stitches. It does depend on how fluffy the yarn is but I find this works well for the shorter yarn.

Everia Publish time 2024-4-22 22:42

I feel you, even fluffy chenille is quite a headache to work with...I don't use it often as it sheds quite a lot but when I worked it in the past I used a lot of markers (the plastic one, safety pins or longer piece of colorful yarn threaded along the work) to signal each change. Work really slow, making sure each row is right, so at least this way your project has no chance of coming out wonky, it will only be a little time consuming. :) As a last resort, try denser yarns as chunky chenille, which look soft but are easier to work with. Good luck!

Crochetera183 Publish time 2024-4-23 00:30

I usually work with that type of wool, I use a number 6 needle and it works for me.
Work in point v and do not knit with a lot of tension..

www.pindiy.com/thread-609328-1-1.html

Good Luck!

toomuchreading Publish time 2024-4-24 02:39

I don't work with fluffy yarn often, but when I do I use a larger needle that what the ball band usually calls for.With the larger needle size you will get a lacy fabric without having to 'knit lace stitches'.The larger needle allows you to see the stitches easier, and creates the lace just with knitting larger. The holes are made automatically.The larger needle the better and lacier.

MalusSomn Publish time 2024-4-30 19:32

Horrible,i cannot crochet with it for the life of me. I love the ressults i saw online with those kind of yarns but i cannot do anything with it
Pages: [1]
View full version: thoughts on using fluffy/ faux fur yarn?