Hot search: HAE Baby Xsd car xsd doll Russi
View: 13314|Reply: 158
Collapse the left

Helpful Hints for using this Forum

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2013-9-26 04:36 |Read mode
Edited by Bleu at 2014-11-2 10:11

Let's put all our helpful hints we've learned together on one thread so folks can come here to learn how this board works.

Any hints you've learned along the way are welcome. Add some **'s so they are easy to find,

Comments

Turquoise, Bleu has destroyed this thread and I think it is time to recycle it  Post time 2017-2-26 11:31

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2015-11-14 02:29
| Show all posts
evenflo09 2013-9-30 16:38
I guess I just dove right into the rar. files, lol. Being new here and not really knowing ANYTHING a ...

Thanks for the help.  It can be very confusing for the new ones like me.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-16 16:49
| Show all posts
with patience you learn to handle it all, thanks for all the info you need

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-19 15:58
| Show all posts
Thank you all for the helpful tips. I am still trying to figure it all out. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-22 00:49
| Show all posts
Thank you for the tips..this has been very helpful!  :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-2 08:33
| Show all posts
Edited by anniekins at 2017-2-26 11:27

Don't choose "Buy all Attachements",

Comments

this is only for when someone posts the entire magazine as say 12 parts, then posts some patterns individually for if you only want one pattern. "Buy all" is very useful if only the full mag is posted   Post time 2013-10-23 17:37

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +5 Collapse Reason
Weezie + 5 Thanks, who knew?

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-25 15:22
| Show all posts
gracias por los consejos

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-6-29 22:08 From mobile phones
| Show all posts
Thanks forr all

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 04:46
| Show all posts
Just read the HELP ThREADS in Forum Bulletin
all informations listed there.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 05:10
| Show all posts
lol I was going to say the same as Bleu

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 05:27
| Show all posts
Edited by Bleu at 2014-11-2 10:12

** Whenever you visit the site, click on Tasks. You can click on the Everybody hourly bonus to get coins/gold (again different name on different screens). After you get to level 1, you also click on Lvl. 1 Hourly bonus, and get more coins. You can get this bonus every hour, so check back often!

Comments

Bonus TASK: Look out for bonuses like Christmas/Easter/Birthday tasks - the lit orange buttons.  Post time 2013-9-26 10:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 10:07
| Show all posts
Edited by Bleu at 2014-11-2 10:13

Am writing these basic stuff to help new arrivals - I was a super blind bat when I first arrived here ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 15:08
| Show all posts
porcini replied at 2013-9-26 03:07
**Cross stitch scanned charts and repaint charts
1) Scanned charts = scanned image of the original c ...

posted here

http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1

Comments

Thank you for posting this link!! Been searching!  Details Reply Post time 2015-6-14 04:37

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 15:09
| Show all posts
When English is not your language the help threads are a lot to read, its get confusing. A few hints at the beginning could be very help full. :D

Comments

@medillion61: like that you're nosy......ditto here. I stick my nose into everything. Learning by doing is the best way to know your way around here. It's not so difficult as it seems.  Post time 2013-10-17 22:07
it's a bit confusing for me too....have no clue how everything works, but I learn by doing... :o)  Post time 2013-10-17 14:04
I agree 100% medillon61; sometimes it is just that confusing to everyone trying to get ahead here  Post time 2013-10-9 10:11
Even when English is your main language they are confusing :) To be honest I learned by clicking around being nosy and asking tons of questions.  Post time 2013-9-26 21:20

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 18:26
| Show all posts
Edited by Reptilegirl27 at 2013-9-26 18:29

***If you want to link a specific forum member to a certain post***

...say to show them a pattern you found...you simply click on the "@" sign within your text box, type in that person's username and click on submit! They will get a notification that you mentioned them in a post!

Like this @Weezie. - now Weezie will see in her notifications that I mentioned her and she will be able to click "view" right from her notifications to be directed right to this post.

I use this all the time now! Very helpful and convenient :D   

EDIT - FORGOT THE ASTERISK'S :)

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +5 Collapse Reason
Weezie + 5 Usefull

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 18:33
| Show all posts
KnittingNeedle replied at 2013-9-26 15:09
When English is not your language the help threads are a lot to read, its get confusing. A few hints ...

Here a link to my thread for helpful information on language barriers

***  A TIP FOR LANGUAGE BARRIERS  ***

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +3 Collapse Reason
Weezie + 3 Usefull

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 18:57
| Show all posts
Opening Compressed Files using WinRAR

This was one of my biggest obstacles I had when I first started finding new patterns, these .rar files just about drove me crazy trying to get them open so I could see what goodies were inside.:funk: Seeing I had invested a goodly portion of my hard-earned coins, to finally buy these things, I certainly didn't want to mess up my costly files before I ever got the chance to see what gems were hidden away inside.

I am pretty computer illiterate, if I can open these .rar files, anyone can. At first I avoided all those files, after a few frustrating tries - but now you don't have to avoid them like I did for so long. This is my easy-peasy no fail method, and it only takes about two minutes after the download. It will open a whole new world of fun patterns, it did for me!:loveliness:

First, download WinRAR from a reputable site and install it.. Open it, look around, see if you can figure it out, read the help, look around some more, get frustrated, read the help thing some more, give up and then close it. (it's still there, secretly running but you don't know that) :Q

Now, come back here and find that great pattern that ends in .rar  have no fear, because it's going to open like magic, trust me! It might be 2 parts or 5 parts or 10 parts, be sure to get them all.... remember you have to pay 20 coins for each part to the forum plus whatever the cost of the pattern so these can be pricey if they have a lot of parts, you may end up paying 40 or 50 coins for each part, figure it out before you start because you'll need all parts if you want to end up with the whole book or magazine.

Lets pretend you want to get a 3 part Mittens pattern book... it says 20 coins on part 1.. That means you'll pay the person that uploaded it 20 coins for the book, and you'll pay the forum 20 coins for each of those 3 parts, so the forum will get 60 coins, the person 20... a total of 80 coins for the entire pattern book

Step one- Downloading- start with part 1.rar... click on buy, box pops up, , click to buy all attachments, then the download box pops up, click on okay to start download of part 1. If the download box doesn't pop up, click on the blue.rar file again (Keep that page handy, so you can come back and get the other parts)

Step 2- Make a New Folder - Semi-minimize your screen, using the center button up in the right hand corner- between the maximize and minimize buttons on your screen, you'll have a few inches of your desktop showing. To make a folder, right click, a little box opens, move your cursor to 'new' - then 'folder', then a little folder icon pops up where you can type in the title of whatever you are downloading ...We'll name this "Mittens" and we know it's a 3 part file.:)

When mittenspart1.rar is done downloading, left click and drag that file from your download area up to that new Mittens folder. Go back to the pattern page and select part 2 and begin that download, hit 'okay' on the download box .... when it's done, drag it up to the Mitten's folder and continue with part 3 the same way.

Now click on that little Mitten's folder... you should have all 3 .rar files. If you don't, go back to your downloads and try to drag the missing file back to the folder or look around and see if it's hiding somewhere on your desktop page. If you can't find it anywhere, decide if it's 1,2,or 3 that's missing and then go to your Notices and re-download it for free anytime for the next week. (When I have all 3, I usually save these .rar files to my flash drive at this point- here's how- close the Mitten's folder to a small icon, right click on it, move the cursor down to "send to" - over to"removable disc E" that's it!

Step 3- Opening the Files:loveliness:
Now the Magic part, you get to see how these files open!

-Click on the Mittens folder to open a bigger box, you should have 3 .rar files.
-Right click on part1,rar
-scroll down to "extract here'
-a box pops up as it extracts.... all by itself!

--Depending on who uploaded it, and how, some of these files are large pdf's, some are individual pages,
--it does it by itself, You just start it with that right click, no searching for files or moving them... easy-peasy!
--You don't have to have fuss around with WinRAR, but you do have to open it and then close it so it was "running". If I turn off my computer, I have to restart WinRAR again for this to work.

Try it, I just went thru this, step by step, downloading a file as I typed, so it should be correct. :loveliness:

Add post (2013-9-27 11:58):
The "Magic" part of opening files this way is you just click on part1.rar and WinRAR magically comes to life and you can see it knows to open every part you dragged into that little file, all by itsel

Comments

Thank you. I was fumbling around tried to convince the kids to help me but then I read your post and eveyone is happy?  Details Reply Post time 2014-1-30 01:06
thanks fo rhte info  Details Reply Post time 2014-1-29 01:10
Thank you for the information. It was well thought out and easy to follow. Your efforts are very appreciated!  Details Reply Post time 2014-1-21 01:04
Thank you for this help  Details Reply Post time 2013-11-12 13:05
Thank you so much this step by step guide is so explanatory and helpful!  Details Reply Post time 2013-10-5 14:51
ZIP FILES- just want to add, this works for .zip files too.  Post time 2013-9-27 19:34
I wrote this step by step with a new download, all files are together if you follow the steps.  Post time 2013-9-27 19:33
wrong information: unpack rar's files will NOT work in this way, you have to open all files together, otherwise you get error messages  Details Reply Post time 2013-9-27 18:55
WOW this is sooooo clear... thank you thank you thank you!! I avoided them too.. but now people can see how to do it clearly! Thank you for making this helpful page!  Post time 2013-9-26 23:57

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +5 Collapse Reason
Marzik + 1 Thank you very much!
Reptilegirl27 + 4 Much better explanation!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-17 05:34 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.175125 sec., 34 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list