Register
View: 1201|Reply: 20
Collapse the left

[Processing Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 7

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-12-10 01:53
| Show all posts |Read mode
CA P2 W7.JPG

Hello everyone! Can you believe we are already starting WEEK 7 of the CA!?! Crazy how fast time flies when you're having fun :loveliness:

So my son is home sick from school today...he is feeling better thank goodness but it's not looking like I'll be getting much stitching done today. Honestly I just don't have the motivation for it right now anyways. Hoping after I get some more coffee in me I'll feel up to it. I have sooo many Christmas projects I need to get done and it seems like I will never finish in time. I really just want to work on other things like this beautiful hippo, but tis the season of giving and giving I intend to do :)  I hope you are all making better progress than I have though...coffee here I come! ;P

OH AND POST SOME NEW PICTURES LADIES!!! Our weekly threads are looking a little bare. Holidays or not, I KNOW I am NOT the only one working on this...you cannot hide from me!!! LOL! :lol  
LET'S SEE THOSE BEAUTIFUL HIPPOS!!!

For your reference, below are the links to all the previous posts for this project:

Crochet Along - Project 2: Idea Submissions
Crochet Along - Project 2: Vote
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 1
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 2
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 3
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 4
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 5
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 6

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE
**I do have a favor to ask, if any of you have already worked an African Flower Motif and you could share with us some advice or alternative tips outside from the pattern, please share with us below. I grately appreciate it in advance!

10/28/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 1
Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! READ IT THOROUGHLY! You are going to want to design and plan out your colors for each piece. Take note of any materials you may need to acquire and take this time to do so. I have posted some pictures above to help boost your creative minds :)

This is a very extensive pattern that includes some new techniques you may or may not be familiar with. All the details are included within the pattern download and I HIGHLY recommend you follow it completely. Practice these new techniques and learn the different motifs! For a successful finished project you will need to know exactly what to do and how to assemble the pieces. If you come across any concerns or questions simpily reply to this thread and we will work on it together!

11/04/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 2
Weekly check-in thread -
continue practicing your motifs and techniques from the Week 1. Gather your materials and plan out your project. Decide which joining method you prefer and how you want to proceed. It seems like many of us are using the join-as-you-go method, this is not mandatory, you can choose to make all of the pieces first and join them at the end.  Your preference! Please take note that I will be following the pattern for the stitch schedule and the pattern is based on the join-as-you-go method. Again this is all up to you and what you are most comfortable with.

SIDE NOTE: The designer has chosen to start the motifs with Ch 5 and slip stitch to form a ring. If you prefer, as I do, you can substitute the Ch 5 for a magic circle. If you do not know how to work the magic circle, YouTube has some wonderful tutorials! I find that it makes it easier when using the magic circle and it gives you the ability to adjust the tightness of the inner circle simply by pulling on a piece of yarn! Look it up and judge for yourself! **Please note, this only stands as a reference, you do not need to use the magic circle

11/11/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 3
STEP 1 - HIND LEGS - Make (2) hexagons and (2) pentagons and join per instruction, Weekly check-in thread

11/18/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 4
STEP 2 - BUM OCTAGON - Make (1) large octagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

11/25/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 5
STEP 3 (1 of 2) - BUM PENTAGONS - Make (2 of 4) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/02/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 6
STEP 3 (2 of 2) -  BUM PENTAGONS - Make (last 2 of 4) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/09/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 7
STEP 4 (1 of 3 - LEFT SIDE OF BUM) - Make (1) hexagon and (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/16/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 8
STEP 4 (2 of 3 - RIGHT SIDE OF BUM) - Make (1) hexagon and (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/23/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 9
STEP 4 (3 of 3 - TOP OF BUM) - Make (1) hexagon and join. ROUND 2 COMPLETE! Weekly check-in thread

12/30/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 10
STEP 5  - BELLY OCTAGON - Make (1) octagon and join, Weekly check-in thread
***ALMOST HALF WAY THERE***

01/06/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 11
STEP 6 - ROUND 3 HEXAGONS - Make (2) hexagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

01/13/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 12
STEP 7 - ROUND 3 HEPTAGONS - Make (2) heptagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

01/20/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 13
STEP 8 - FRONT LEGS - Make (3) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

01/27/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 14
STEP 9 (1 of 2) - ROUND 4 MOTIFS - Make (2) hexagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/03/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 15
STEP 9 (2 of 2) - ROUND 4 MOTIFS - Make (3) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/10/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 16
NECK (1 of 3) - TOP OF NECK - Make (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/17/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 17
NECK (2 of 3) - SIDES OF NECK - Make (2) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/24/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 18
NECK (3 of 3) - LAST NECK MOTIF - Make (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/03/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 19
HEAD - EYE MOTIFS - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/10/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 20
HEAD - CHEEK MOTIFS - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/17/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 21
HEAD - UNDER MOUTH - Make (1) hexagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/24/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 22
HEAD - TOP OF NOSE - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/31/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 23
HEAD - NOSE PATCHES - Make (2) "nose patches" and join, Weekly check-in thread

04/07/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 24
HEAD - NOSE END - Make (1) pentagon and join, add eyes to your liking, then stuff the Happypotamus!!! YAY SOOO CLOSE!!! Weekly check-in thread

04/14/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 25
HEAD - EARS - Make (2) "modified" hexagons per instruction and join! Weekly check-in thread
***Please post a picture of your finished hippo this week as soon as possible so I can get them together for the final vote***

04/21/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 26
Final check-in and vote for best project! PLUS....PRIZE ANNOUNCMENT!!! YAHOO!!!

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for added information and shares!

Happy Holidays.JPG
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Happy stitching!
Amanda :loveliness:

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Author| Post time: 2013-12-13 01:09
| Show all posts
Hey ladies we have a new member joining us! Please take a moment to welcome @crochetnmama to the CA! We are so happy to have you joining us! ((HUGS))
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-16 14:59
| Show all posts
Edited by anniekins at 2017-3-10 20:56

Do you know the technique "join with double crochet"?  If I know this technique earlier, I think my motifs will look better.  :Q

Standing-Double-Crochet-Video-and-Photo-Tutorial-on-Moogly.jpg

Step 1: Hold the yarn end with the last two fingers of your hook-holding hand.

Standing-Double-Crochet-Technique-Photo-Tutorial-Step-1.jpg

Step 2: Holding the hook in your first two fingers and thumb, wrap the yarn around the hook twice.

Standing-Double-Crochet-Technique-Photo-Tutorial-Step-2.jpg

Step 3: Insert the hook into the desired stitch.

Standing-Double-Crochet-Technique-Photo-Tutorial-Step-3.jpg

Step 4: Yarn over and pull up a loop.

Standing-Double-Crochet-Technique-Photo-Tutorial-Step-4.jpg

Step 5: Yarn over and pull through the first two loops on the hook.

Standing-Double-Crochet-Technique-Photo-Tutorial-Step-5.jpg

Step 6:Yarn over and pull through the last two loops on  the hook (completing as for a normal double crochet).

Standing-Double-Crochet-Technique-Photo-Tutorial-Step-6.jpg

Step 7: Continuing to hold on to the yarn end, make the next double crochet in the standard manner.

Standing-Double-Crochet-Technique-Photo-Tutorial-Step-7.jpg

Step 8: You can let go of the tail, and continue to make stitches according to the pattern. If you used this technique on the previous row, crochet over the tail that was left at the top from that row. The loose end at the top of this row can either be woven in with a needle, or crocheted over in the next row!

Standing-Double-Crochet-Technique-Photo-Tutorial-Step-8.jpg

Comments

This is wonderful! Definitely need to give this a try thank you! I hate the way those slip stitches bundle the previous row!  Post time 2013-12-16 19:22

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +5 Collapse Reason
Reptilegirl27 + 5 EXCELLENT!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-25 13:17
| Show all posts
Thank  you  for  sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-21 04:33
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Nice work, well done •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-11 16:03
| Show all posts

Verry nice work!!! Thank you for sharing:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-2-28 14:19
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing !!!:P;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-25 18:33
| Show all posts
Thank you for sharing.:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-5 12:27
| Show all posts
veryverynice

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-27 18:52
| Show all posts
Очень хорошо!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-10 02:04
| Show all posts
I haven't made any new progress,  good thing I got ahead. I'll post a picture when I get this weeks stuff done.

Comments

Sounds good! I'm thinking I'll get some work done on the hippo today....maybe...gah I have no motivation at all! :P  Post time 2013-12-10 02:12

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-10 02:37
| Show all posts
I feel really bad for including me in this project, but so far I have not had the chance to start!:o:o I think I ´ll begin in the next new year!!! I still hope to go on time!:(:(:D:(

Comments

No need to worry, we have plenty of time!  Post time 2013-12-10 09:55
You got it! That's what we are here for! :)  Post time 2013-12-10 05:16
Thanks girl for the support!  Post time 2013-12-10 04:47
No need to feel bad! Keep in touch and follow along! Once these holidays are through we'll all have much more time to dedicate to the CA and our other projects. No worries cheeka XOXO  Post time 2013-12-10 03:31

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-10 04:24
| Show all posts
@cerdeirocas You´ll get ready in time, don´t worry :) There are a few more who take part here and who can´t start before after christmas. That´s why I finished it before I started my christmas presents :)
Ok I would have time now since my yarn still hasn´t arrived (shjould have been here last week) I start getting afraid I won´t make it in time :((
Well I´ll start the christmastree instead ...

But I want to see pictures from the other ladys that work on their hippo :D

Comments

Do you want to send me an email with a picture of it? I´ll try to figure out what the problem is :)  Post time 2013-12-10 09:52
Once I figure out how to get the stitches down... I dont know what I am doing wrong I get the chain row and then the first real row done and when I go to do the third row I am doing something wrong :(  Post time 2013-12-10 09:46
I have seen eyes that were embroided and sewn on, but I couldn´t figure out how it was done. I loved those eyes, so after christmas I hope I find something in the web about it :)  Post time 2013-12-10 09:04
No unfortunatelly I can´t :( And they don´t answer to my emails.... my dad arrives next thursday, than I won´t have so much time to crochet (at least nothing for him...)  Post time 2013-12-10 09:03
I hope your yarn gets in ... tomorrow would be a great time for it to come :) Can you track the package?  Post time 2013-12-10 08:27
Did you figure out what you were gonna do for the eyes yet...give it any more thought? Just wondering :) But I can't believe you didn't get that yarn in yet! Did you try calling them? So sorry :(  Post time 2013-12-10 05:17
Thanks girl for the support!  Post time 2013-12-10 04:48

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-10 08:31
| Show all posts
I want to see the pretties :)  I have not had a chance to practice crocheting.  I basically knew I wasn't going to be able to get into it until after the holiday is over :)  I have downloaded a few patterns.  I want to make my daughter a skirt I found that I fell in love with :)

Comments

I guess you and I are going to be starting after the holidays ... LOL :)  Post time 2013-12-14 08:31
And you'll get there! Get these holiday gifts and birth samplers and your friend's gift out of the way first...oh and get that dragon started too woman! LOL! You have plenty of time to leave l learn!  Post time 2013-12-10 10:27
Wow! A skirt! Would love to see at least part of it in early 2014.  Post time 2013-12-10 10:14
Once you find time you´ll get pretty fast into it :) Looking forward to see that skirt (HUGS)  Post time 2013-12-10 09:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-10 11:20
| Show all posts
Edited by anniekins at 2017-3-10 20:55

Not sure its going to upload right having issues the site is spinning and spinning again its that time of night for me to have issues :(                                
3a86babad457cb852386ae2ac188fca9 (2).jpg

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-10 20:10
| Show all posts

I am going to attempt it .. but cannot do it til after the holiday is over :)

Comments

You'll get it done! I'll help you out the best I can if you need! Maybe get with your sister when you start so you can read over the pattern with her in person so you understand it too.  Post time 2013-12-10 22:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-12 19:55
| Show all posts
I want to do projects ... right now I am working on Christmas... as soon as it has past ... I want to ... do we do them in order ... how is this done???   I want to know all the details please

Comments

Welcome! You have still tons of time to get finished, also if you start after christmas. You won´t be the only one :) Just crochet along  Post time 2013-12-13 22:09
so it does not matter when I finish? I am still crocheting a Christmas doily gift right now  Post time 2013-12-13 21:18
Great!! Welcome Crochetnmama!!!  Post time 2013-12-13 20:21
Yay I'm happy to hear you'll be joining us in the fun! There is no need to sign up and no worries on getting caught up, I stretched out the stitch schedule so everyone has enough time to work on their  Details Reply Post time 2013-12-12 20:36

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
Reptilegirl27 + 2 Welcome!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-12-12 20:36
| Show all posts
crochetnmama replied at 2013-12-12 19:55
I want to do projects ... right now I am working on Christmas... as soon as it has past ... I want t ...

Yay I'm happy to hear you'll be joining us in the fun! There is no need to sign up and no worries on getting caught up, I stretched out the stitch schedule so everyone has enough time to work on their holiday projects and to catch up if anyone falls behind. Read through the WEEK 1 post (the link is above) for all the details on the CA. You might also want to skim through the other weeks also as they contain some helpful information as we progressed through this pattern.

Welcome to the CA!!! :D

Comments

taking a break until then. Again I'm so glad to have you joining us! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)  Post time 2013-12-13 01:07
Yes you can start whenever you're ready! Begin with week 1 and work at your own pace. Like I said there's no need to rush, take your time! Many aren't even starting until after the holidays or are...  Post time 2013-12-13 01:06
one question ... When I do start ... do I begin with WEEK 1 ??  Post time 2013-12-12 23:08

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 07:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080942 sec., 21 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list