| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: plasticlachesis
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] What are your tips for stitching on dark fabric?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-3-17 02:45
| Show all posts
I agree with everyone else.  Great light and place a white towel/pillowcase/blanket over your lap while stitching. This will help the holes show better.  Also, take frequent breaks so as not to strain your eyes too much.  Dark fabric is fabulously dramatic, but I'll only work on it in the summer months when I can sit outside.  Otherwise, I make too many mistakes.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-9 00:14
| Show all posts
I have stitched on black fabric, and it was a nightmare after sunset. The better option is to stitch in daylight. You can put a white cloth on your lap. That will help too.

:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-9 03:54
| Show all posts
I know I'm late to the party! But here's my input, since my first project is on dark navy fabric as well, so I don't know how it is to stitch on white aida...But for me, I purchased a bright LED white light that helps me see things clearly and a good frame(I used Q snap) to stretch out the fabric nicely to see the holes.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-9 05:56
| Show all posts
I've recently started stitching on a navy blue piece of aida as well. I hold a small flash light in my left hand pointed to right where I'm stitching and stitch as usual with my right.  Of course I'm using a lap frame to do this.  Hand held piece would be impossible....

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-9 21:27
| Show all posts
I stitch on black often, and agree that some type of white fabric on your lap helps a lot.  I always use a bright light from above, no matter what the colors, but for darks a small reading light underneath helps. The LED types are quite bright, but light up a smaller area, so you can focus them. This is helpful for me--I find a regular size lamp is too much light directly at my eyes. Plus most of the reading lights I see have clips so they are easy to position and keep steady.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-27 08:25
| Show all posts
Cuando bordo en Aida negro o azul naval, utilizo un aro o bastidor para que la luz natural o la iluminacion de la habitacion se refleje en el piso ( el mio es blanco ) y como la tela esta extendida se ven perfectamente los agujeros y se facilita bordar.

When board in black or navy blue Aida, I use a hoop or whisk to natural light or the lighting of the room is reflected in the floor (mine is white) and as the fabric is extended holes are clearly visible and facilitates embroider. Con aro o bastidor.jpg

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-30 05:43
| Show all posts
Dobra rada ,pomaga

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-10 03:03
| Show all posts
I would have never thought of the white light, and I have several.  Thanks for a great tip!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-10 10:17
| Show all posts
Edited by phongnhatban at 2013-8-10 10:19

In my country they use a special pen - which can easily washed out in water to mark stiched area. For white fabric there are blue, green, pink and red colors; for black fabric there is silver color. It's really helpful but I dont know how to help you get it :L

However, try using sunlight. It's cheap, friendly with environment and work as well!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-12 03:49
| Show all posts
Pero la luz funciona si se borda con bastidor, pero yo lo hago sin el ¿funcionaria el polvo de talco? o quizás sabeís otro metodo

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 04:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056349 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list