| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 1595|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Which one better sew by hand or machine?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-10-19 09:56
| Show all posts |Read mode
Right now, i'll make matryoska doll from cross stitch like this. I just still confused to sew it by machine or hand?
If I use machine, i can't sew it hole by hole. And i think the result work not neat. What do you think?

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-2-11 03:02
| Show all posts
Following this thread
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-8 05:30
| Show all posts
I would sew by hand.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-19 11:05
| Show all posts
I would sew it by hand, but then I'm no seamstress and struggle to do the most simplest projects on the machine........ and even then I fail.  :(    I prefer to sew by hand.
It would be easier to follow the pattern too if sewn by hand, it won't take that long since it's small.  :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-2-13 00:01
| Show all posts
Muy bonito. Gracias :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-7 07:41
| Show all posts
These are so cute - is the pattern on this site?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-7 15:30
| Show all posts
Depends how skilled you are with the sewing machine.  If you are a quilter then you'll already know how to sew 'freehand', that is with the feed-dogs on the machine down so that you can manoevre the piece more easily.  I've had a disaster with machine sewing on a gingerbread man - there were many corners and angles!!  

Perhaps sewing by hand is better so that you can take it more slowly and be more accurate.  On a simple cut out like the dolls you can't really go wrong, the lines are smooth.

If you have ever stitched a biscornu you will know that you can stitch around the work using a backstitch and then match the pieces together and sew through the corresponding backstitching NOT the fabric.  This is much neater and results in cleaner lines and no stress on the fabric.  

Good luck, the dolls look very sweet!!:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-20 20:11
| Show all posts
I am a quilter - but with this sweet dolls - I would prefer to stitch by hand the pieces together.

And I would like to say : It is a really cute pattern.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-17 13:02
| Show all posts
Cute doll, and yes, even tho I sew on the machine, I would do this by hand.  Not a big project, and I love hand sewing.:D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-19 10:12
| Show all posts
I have similar patterns and I would cross stitch it myself and sew it together by hand.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-22 05:33
| Show all posts
I have done patterns like this before and they usually look better if I sew it together by hand.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-1 22:41
| Show all posts
Yo creo que a mano, se puede seguir mejor las puntadas y con una puntada pequeña puede quedar erfecto

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 23:29 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.125803 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list