| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Russian Crochet
View: 6401|Reply: 62
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] The Perfect Lap Frame!

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-11-5 20:04
| Show all posts |Read mode
Dear Stitchers :D

I'm thinking of purchasing a lap frame and I got confused with the various designs out there in the market.. Anyone can recommend a particular type that is not heavy and comfortable to stitch with for longer hours?

:dizzy: it is hard to judge by seeing something online.. I wished that I can see more reviews of these frames for me to reach a decision..

Would you recommend a lap frame or a rotating frame as well??

Thanks for your help :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-4-12 19:09
| Show all posts

Reply Awards +2 Gold Coins

Hi Crimson,
it seems that frames (lap or other) are a recurrent topic, indeed.
So you'll find my answer quite similar to the ones I've already given to other users asking about the same question (so, if you have already read them, just skip the following).
I started stitching (small projects) with a hoop but when I switched to bigger ones, I found the frames needed to hold them too heavy so I did buy a lap stand but, to be honest, give up quite rapidly as it's not so handy; especially if you like to sit on an armchair, often you don't have enough room between the arm and the frame side bar to move your hands comfortably.
So recently I bought a Millennium frame + stand.
I'll start with the weak point: it's definitely not on the cheap side. And that's all.
On the great points now: it will change your life as a stitcher!
I stitch sitting on a sofa, a quite low one, and the stand can be regulated to quite a large range of heights so you can really chose the one more comfortable to you. The frame keep your fabric nice, clean and really tight, without stitching, screwing or any other contraptions.
The material is high quality wood, which make it quite nice to look at. And you can fold the frame holder when you don't use it so that it need limited room to be stored.
On a so-so point: the company is a small family business and they don't hold huge stocks so it may take some time for you to get it, if they've run out and have to remake it (artisanally, by hand!).
They do have a website but I'm not sure I can give you the URL, as this could be considered advertisement. But if you google Millennium frame, you shouldn't have difficulties in finding it.
Hope this help.
Regards,
B.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-10-1 23:06
| Show all posts
У меня два станка Арабеска и три рамы. Есть пяльцы, но я использую изх только для дорожных проектов.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-4 18:50
| Show all posts
There are so many choices but some of these ones that have been mentioned sound really good.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-14 13:52
| Show all posts
Interesting, this thread is old, anyone have any updated suggestions?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-22 09:01
| Show all posts
Millennium frame by Needle Needs   

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-12-3 15:31
| Show all posts
my favorite is a double hoop lap stand

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 10:28
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-5 20:27
| Show all posts

Edited by Saranghae at 2012-11-5 12:30

Hi, I have many type (Q-snap, R&R, siesta and others) because i like collect them, but the best for working  is always the classic wooden hoop (round ).
Very useful if you work for a long time is the support for the frame, for me it is essential.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-5 20:30
| Show all posts

I am looking at a seat frame, myself.  I definitely want one that swivels.....that is one of my major complaints with my floor stand.  I have never cared mush for lap stands....the ones I have used are difficult to keep still when stitching.

Comments

Thanks alot sunny for bringing that to my attention.. the thing is that I use Hoops and wooden frames at the moment and the longer I stitch (I'm left-handed), my right hand gets tired of holding the f  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-5 20:40

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-5 20:33
| Show all posts
this is my stand, can you use with all type of frame

stitchsmart.jpg

Comments

I WANT THIS STAND!!!!  Details Reply Post time 2014-1-4 02:48
I bought this stand but sent it back when I found out that the cool wooden piece that is holding the frame is not available in the states and is somewhat difficult to find in the UK  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-4 00:19
Saranghae I loved your stand do you know by any chance where can I buy it online?  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-5 22:17
That one is so good if you are sitting on a chair.. lovely loved that you had space for magnifier and lamp as well..  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-5 20:41

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-5 20:40
| Show all posts

Thanks alot sunny for bringing that to my attention.. the thing is that I use Hoops and wooden frames at the moment and the longer I stitch (I'm left-handed), my right hand gets tired of holding the frame still..

Comments

I am right-handed, but have much the same problem. I use wooden hoops and scroll bars as well. That was what prompted me to get the floor stand that I have, and it is a godsend. I can clamp my mag  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-5 20:53

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-5 20:41
| Show all posts
Saranghae replied at 2012-11-5 12:33

That one is so good if you are sitting on a chair.. lovely :D loved that you had space for magnifier and lamp as well.. :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-5 20:53
| Show all posts
Crimson replied at 2012-11-5 20:40
Thanks alot sunny for bringing that to my attention.. the thing is that I use Hoops and wooden fra ...

I am right-handed, but have much the same problem.   I use wooden hoops and scroll bars as well.  That was what prompted me to get the floor stand that I have, and it is a godsend.  I can clamp my magnifier and lamp to it.  Unfortunately, I made the mistake of going "cheap" and didn't get the one with the swivel head......I really regret that decision!  

I have been having difficulty lately with my legs swelling the longer I sit....and I have to admit I sit at the PC or stitching probably more than I should!  So, I am hoping that the seat stand will allow me to sit propped up on the bed or the sofa and help keep the leg swelling down.

Comments

You are right,, I wanted to consider lap frame because I tend to love stitching in the livingroom just beside my family.. Can you recommend a good quality of stand frames that I can buy online?? It  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-5 22:19

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-5 22:17
| Show all posts
Saranghae replied at 2012-11-5 12:33

Saranghae I loved your stand do you know by any chance where can I buy it online?

Comments

I'm so sorry Crimson, I haven't seen your question! a year later, here's the answer ^^ www casacenina com  Details Reply Post time 2013-10-18 16:59

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-5 22:19
| Show all posts
SunnyWeathers replied at 2012-11-5 12:53
I am right-handed, but have much the same problem.   I use wooden hoops and scroll bars as well.   ...

You are right,, I wanted to consider lap frame because I tend to love stitching in the livingroom just beside my family.. Can you recommend a good quality of stand frames that I can buy online??  
It is always the problem with price.. I hope it'll be the case where you pay more it is more quality and not the other way around.. thanks again for your informative replies I appreciate them :) xxx

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-5 22:24
| Show all posts

Look at the K's Creation or Lowery floor stands. Both are really nice (I have the Lowery) and you can get add on parts to customize it into a variety of frame styles including a lap frame and a table frame. They are pricy but so worth it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 10:51 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.053981 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list