| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: Crimson
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] The Perfect Lap Frame!

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-11-5 22:25
| Show all posts
You can find them online in a variety of sites including Ebay.

Comments

Thanks for the tip Wulfie3.. I found so many that's why I would like to know if there is a particular manufacturer that you or other members can recommend  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-5 22:52

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-5 22:52
| Show all posts

Thanks for the tip Wulfie3.. I found so many that's why I would like to know if there is a particular manufacturer that you or other members can recommend :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-5 23:12
| Show all posts

Reply Awards +2 Gold Coins

I have a wide range of frames that I use. The smaller ones are made of plastic and rubber. The rubber rolls on to the edge of the frame to hold the stitching. They are excellent for small projects and the smallest is only 2 inches wide. My stand frame is very good for larger projects but I also find it depends on which chair you sit in to stitch.

If you sit on a sofa or soft chair then a lap frame you sit on may be uncomfy for you. Try one that's on a stand you can pull close. I sit in a large office type chair on wheels so a large floor frame is better for me. Take in to consideration things like hand comfort and weight, size and ease of storage.

Comments

Thanks alot Solorn, you are a great help :)  Post time 2012-11-5 23:38

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +11 Collapse Reason
littleAni + 1 I was wondering about standing frames, t.
Crimson + 10 Usefull :D

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-6 01:07
| Show all posts

I use common hoop without support, I would like a support of soil, like that promotes Saranghae, but I have no space for him

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-6 01:50
| Show all posts

Hi I prefer the floor stand to stitch long time. I have on seat frame and I used only when I'm travel but to be honest isn't that good. When I brought this stand I was on the stitch show here in London and between many options I decide to buy one cheaper and see how it going LOL (That day I think if is ok next time I'll buy one more expensive or better LOL) For my surprise I still used it and love it!!!
You can buy online anywhere but one site I trust is sewandso [to see the link clean the faces and spaces and add 3w
http://   :)   .sewandso.co.uk/Products/:o  Posilock-Floor-Stand__ELB-POSI.aspx

and other good place to buy thinks is casa cenina
http://  :)  . casacenina.com/haberdashery-acc/  :o  hoops-frames.html?page=1
I hope you find one you like to use.
:-)

Comments

Thanks alot Megy you are a good stitchaholic fellow Seems a stand frame is out ranking the lap frame.. I'll get myself the habit in dragging a comfy chair whenever I change my stitching room see  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-6 02:48

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-6 01:54
| Show all posts

I have a K's Creations Z frame that I like with a universal head that will take hoops scroll frames and Q snaps. I like it because it is open at the right hand side as I am right handed so it may not be suitable for a left hander unless they make them in reverse as well. I have one of the lap stable tables that I sit it on and it works for me.

Comments

Thanks alot Biddy for informing me,, I'll have to write to them to make me a reversed one then but it is always good to know all our options  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-6 02:49

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-6 02:10
| Show all posts
If you have a coffee table that's the right height, or you like to sit at your PC and watch Iplayer like me, then why not think about a frame that you can attack to the desk. There are several makes out there which will hold a hoop or hand frame quite easily. The only thing you would need to check is the thickness of your desk/table. Some of the clamps don't open very wide.

Oh, and I don't bother with pattern stands. I keep my pattern on a clipboard and if I want to stand it up I use a cookery book stand:)

Comments

you are so good at tips Solorn . The right table was summoned by my sister she had it years ago for her clay work,, I'll have to accept my loss and find a good chair for my stand frame.. seems the l  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-6 02:51

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-6 02:48
| Show all posts
Megy replied at 2012-11-5 17:50
Hi I prefer the floor stand to stitch long time. I have on seat frame and I used only when I'm trave ...

Thanks alot Megy you are a good stitchaholic fellow :lol
Seems a stand frame is out ranking the lap frame.. I'll get myself the habit in dragging a comfy chair whenever I change my stitching room seems it'll be the case :loveliness:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-6 02:49
| Show all posts
Biddy replied at 2012-11-5 17:54
I have a K's Creations Z frame that I like with a universal head that will take hoops scroll frames  ...

Thanks alot Biddy for informing me,, I'll have to write to them to make me a reversed one then ;P but it is always good to know all our options :D

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-6 02:51
| Show all posts
Solorn replied at 2012-11-5 18:10
If you have a coffee table that's the right height, or you like to sit at your PC and watch Iplayer  ...

you are so good at tips Solorn ;P. The right table was summoned by my sister she had it years ago for her clay work,, I'll have to accept my loss and find a good chair for my stand frame.. seems the lap frame would be too heavy after long hours of stitching :(

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 23:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058441 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list