| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: Crimson
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] The Perfect Lap Frame!

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-11-8 05:17
| Show all posts
Keep an eye out for a new table in garage sales and second hand shops. They will be better quality and cheaper than a lot of things you can buy new today. If you are stitching something a little small, and light, you could try one of the hoops that you hang round your neck. They are on the same principle as the magnifying lenses you can get just with a hoop:)

Thank you for the compliment :)

Comments

I wish we have garage sales.. in my country it is either from the craft shop (which does not have much when it comes to cross stitch as a hobby) so I am left out with either trying to buy online.. and  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-8 05:22

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-8 05:22
| Show all posts

I wish we have garage sales.. in my country it is either from the craft shop (which does not have much when it comes to cross stitch as a hobby) so I am left out with either trying to buy online.. and some websites have ratings that are brief so you are not sure whether a product you will be buying today will solve all the problems you face.. I'm now considering a stand frame because I do have a good chair that I can do with for long hours of stitching.. the problem is it is out of stock and I have to wait till they restock..
Thanks again for your amazing help Solorn :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-12 10:08
| Show all posts

Reply Awards +2 Gold Coins

Aloha ,
I also have several since I tend to have plenty of UFO WIPs and I just can't imagine removing them each and every time. So I usually just loosen the fabric from the frames and wrap it in a clean towel and lay it flat in my "treasure chest". So on with my .2cents re: lap frames.
Check out American Dreams, they have several that are affordable. I have a Tomorrow's treasures lap stand and I love that. I even went further and bought .5inch diameter, 26in lenght wooden dowel from home depot and have my son insert screws so I can sue it for BIG/wide projects. Also check out K's creation's standard or large lap frame. Or even the Z lap frame, I have one and tend to put it under my thigh, works well. Hope that's helpful!  
Mahalo from Hawaii:)

Comments

Thanks alot for your handy reply dear lewino001 xxx  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-12 11:39

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-12 11:39
| Show all posts
lewino001 replied at 2012-11-12 02:08
Aloha ,
I also have several since I tend to have plenty of UFO WIPs and I just can't imagine removin ...

Thanks alot for your handy reply dear lewino001 :) :) xxx

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-16 09:59
| Show all posts

i had bought a scroll frame that i never used, only because often times, my projects are small ;/

Comments

I have them in mind but then I think I'll give it a try to have a stand frame with light and magnifier just like the one in this thread and I'll let you know if it is worth it  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-16 15:41

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-16 15:41
| Show all posts
Ladyeve replied at 2012-11-16 01:59
i had bought a scroll frame that i never used, only because often times, my projects are small ;/

I have them in mind but then I think I'll give it a try to have a stand frame with light and magnifier just like the one in this thread and I'll let you know if it is worth it :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-17 10:17
| Show all posts
i think the stand frame would be better than the scroll frame just by the look of it.  i mean if you can sit there and magnify something that you're stitching, should be really cool!

Comments

I'll order it today hopefully xD,, yes it would be lovely to magnify the area I"m stitching because I'll be experimenting with linen 32 and 35 counts... hope I'll be able to do well xD  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-17 10:58

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-17 10:58
| Show all posts
Ladyeve replied at 2012-11-17 02:17
i think the stand frame would be better than the scroll frame just by the look of it.  i mean if you ...

I'll order it today hopefully xD,, yes it would be lovely to magnify the area I"m stitching because I'll be experimenting with linen 32 and 35 counts... hope I'll be able to do well xD

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-17 11:21
| Show all posts
haha good luck!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-11 17:29
| Show all posts

I like to sit back in my chair while stitching and find the hoop the best for me, though it does mean I have to use hair clips to keep the fabric out of the way of my hands.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-23 20:29 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.051268 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list