| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: Crimson
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] The Perfect Lap Frame!

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-7-3 20:08
| Show all posts

Reply Awards +2 Gold Coins

I just purchased the Z lap frame on Amazon for $54.00. It has great reviews. It is completely open-ended on one side. It is able to hold any size/brand of scroll frames, stretch bars, and q-snaps. The height is adjustable. I am expecting it on Friday. Once I get it and try it out, I will let you know how it works. I was very excited about the fact that it is able to hold all types of frames. I use the Q-snaps now, but I want to use my bigger q-snap. I can use my larger one for a little while, but then I have to put it down because it starts to cramp my hand.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-18 21:29
| Show all posts

Reply Awards +2 Gold Coins

Q-snap or a big scrollable frame is my advice.
The first you can easily remove and replace, but with a good scrollable frame you needn't handle your work too much.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-21 19:56
| Show all posts
I like lowery stand, it works great

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-18 16:59
| Show all posts

I'm so sorry Crimson, I haven't seen your question!
a year later, here's the answer ^^

www casacenina com

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-19 04:14
| Show all posts
I rarely use a hoop, but am going to try a scroll bar on my next project.  After reading all this I might get a stand since I can use a 40% off coupon.  Also I can return it if I don't like it.
I rarely do really big projects!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-6 04:46
| Show all posts
This is my lap stand and I love it!!! I added a magnet strip to the top for my needles and use a clip on pattern holder. This can be a bit pricey but go online to Wal-Mart.com if you are here in the U.S. and they have it for the cheapest price. Don't buy on Ebay-too HIGH!!! The only thng about this stand is that the frame that comes with it only goes up to 12 inches wide, with 6 inch side bars. To me that was too small an area for stitching so I went ahead and purchased a set of scroll bars (heavy duty) in a 22" length and purchased the 8" side bars to go with. It is a bit of an investment but so worth it as it's solid oak! With the longer scroll bars and side bars it makes the frame come down a little bit low for my lap but I wrapped a bit of quilting batting around the knobs underneath and taped it down and I can raise or lower it to suit my persnickety needs ;P I buy my extra parts from sassy2stitch on Ebay. She's a nice lady and had a good price on her scroll and side bars. Hope this helps and let us know what you get.
:)
ezstitch1.jpg

Comments

I didn't pay attention to the date either. LOLOL Saw it in the forum and replied.hahaha  Post time 2013-11-6 04:49

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-4 02:48
| Show all posts
Saranghae replied at 2012-11-5 20:33
this is my stand, can you use with all type of frame

I WANT THIS STAND!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-4 18:50
| Show all posts
There are so many choices but some of these ones that have been mentioned sound really good.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-14 13:52
| Show all posts
Interesting, this thread is old, anyone have any updated suggestions?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-22 09:01
| Show all posts
Millennium frame by Needle Needs   

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 01:33 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075114 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list