Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: CSeidler
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Use of bee wax

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-6-16 02:38
| Show all posts
A régi időkben alapszabály volt, hogy a hímzőszál nem lehetett hosszabb az alkarunk hosszánál, azaz a csuklónk és a könyökünk közötti távolságnál. Ha ezt betartjuk akkor nem sodródik,- és csomósodik a hímzőszálunk.

Gyakorlatból tudom, hogy így ez így van.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 23:01
| Show all posts
I have used beeswax for my linen thread before stitching handbound books for years. It was not until I searched the Thread Heaven online last night to answer someone's questions that I found how superior Thread Heaven really is.

I have it here and have used it on Kreinik and seed beads, however I never really thought I needed it for Cross Stitch until 2 black DMC threads that I was stitching with came out of the needle and didn't want to go back in. I had read that using saliva from my mouth can degrade the floss so I used the Thread Heaven, it was indeed "heavenly"

Based on the table they have at www(dot)threadheaven(dot)com; it has been tested in all kinds of ways and proven superior to beeswax, candle wax, fray chek and more. I know I have at least 2 of them and I need to find them and start using them lol Also it said on the website that it should be taken out of the little box and put back in so it evenly wears.

Things that make me go "hmm, I am so glad that I looked" :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-10 08:10
| Show all posts
i havent tried any of two. but as far as I know, they are the same. it is best used for metallic threads.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-23 00:01
| Show all posts
I’ve started using thread heaven as well.  I never heard before this that saliva can degrade the thread...wow I’ve been doing that forever...going to be a bad habit to stop. I enjoy reading everyone’s input...it helps me to know what to use.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:47
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-18 22:12
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-1 16:17
| Show all posts
Большое спасибо!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-4 05:20
| Show all posts
I have both and much prefer the Thread Heaven to keep threads from knotting as much. For me, the beeswax doesn't get the thread very silky, more STICKY than anything else. It does keep it from knotting but I don't like sticky. :(

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-9 02:24
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-19 16:15
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 13:10 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.041292 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list