Forgot password?
 Register
View: 1205|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] How to remove pencil mark

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-4-16 01:52
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have stupidly gridded out my Haed with pencil, does anybody know how you get it off, I have tried washing a sample piece but it didn't work, the only way I've managed it so far was to use some sticky tape.

Has anybody got any suggestions?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-2-10 08:11
| Show all posts
Edited by orionjes12 at 2018-2-10 08:13

i also used to mark my fabric with pencil before but after finding it hard to remove. I decided to use washable marker instead.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-22 18:15
| Show all posts
I’ve used soap with a toothbrush and very carefully scrubbed before. Dishwashing liquid seems to be the best.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-22 18:16
| Show all posts
Forgot to say I’ve also used a pencil eraser too to get most of the mark off before going to soap.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-7 01:06
| Show all posts
I use pencil to mark fabric when I sew so I am happy to see these answers too

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 03:17
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 07:00
| Show all posts
Thank you so much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-5-28 15:20
| Show all posts
I need ideas too.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-16 02:17
| Show all posts
I have no idea shazie.   And yes I marked a piece of fabric with pencil and I don't think I managed to remove it, but then that was a long time ago.   Did you try regular hand soap....... nothing special........just the plain normal soap and an old toothbrush to gently scrub the mark.  I find hand soap does wonders even with todays super detergents they don't seem to do as good a job.   

Oxyclean soak or made into a paste might work also ......... let sit then rinse, rinse rinse.
Oxy is great for blood and other stubborn stains like juices, coffee, etc.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-16 11:23
| Show all posts
i would have to agree...using simple soap works the best..let it sit for a while.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-4-16 21:25
| Show all posts
Thanks for those tips, I will have to give it a try and see if it works, I won't do it again.  I'll use Sulky Thread next time by Gutterman, the gridding thread....lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-18 01:12
| Show all posts
I am not patient enough to do those complicated designs, but what about the blue embroidery pen?  It dissolves in just a little water - the purple pen is supposed to disappear on its own.  I found when living in areas of high humidity, the purple pen disappeared quickly.  Always test wash something first.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-5 15:01
| Show all posts
I can't help you but next time try water soluble pens (quilter pens). Make sure you try it first on a small corner and do not expose it to heat or it will set permanently.

If you found out how to erase pencil markers, please share the tip with us.

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-17 11:23
| Show all posts
This is what I've read about cleaning CS Fabric:
Hand wash each piece individually in cold or lukewarm water. For extremely delicate objects, use room temperature distilled water.
To clean, use something which is pH balanced and has no whitening agents. This means something like Orvus paste (also used for washing horses and cows), Quilt Soap (which is Orvus soap packaged in small containers for people who don't need a gallon of it), Treasure Wash, etc. Orvus is actually a trade name for sodium lauryl sulfate. Try using one teaspoon per gallon of water. Do not use Woolite, strong detergents or chlorine bleach as they may make the colors bleed. Let the project soak for several minutes. Rinse thoroughly, but don't scrub or wring. If the colors run, repeat the process immediately until the water rinses clear.

Remove the piece from the water and place it on a clean, white, terry cloth towel. Roll it up like a jelly roll, to remove the excess water.
Unroll it while still damp, lay it face down on a couple of towels and iron with a dry iron at the wool or linen setting until it is dry. Try not to move the iron back and forth. You may use a pressing cloth, in fact you should use a pressing cloth if there are metallics. The process of ironing until dry prevents uneven drying and puckering of the cloth and threads. Let the project air dry another 24 hours before framing.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 23:10 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052276 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list