Search
Hot search: hat cross stitch Xsd hae xsd Hae
Author: lovestitches
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Desperate: Traveling/Flying with/without scissors

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-6-4 00:19
| Show all posts
I also used the clover cutter on the plane and no problem!

Comments

Thank you for your advice.  Post time 2013-6-4 01:14

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-4 01:13
| Show all posts
Thanks for all the votes for the Clover cutter. I definitely will purchase it while in the US and use it on the airplane on the way back. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-22 15:06
| Show all posts
In a pinch, I have used nail clippers to trim threads which might be an idea if it is allowed through security?

I don't travel by air anymore and hubby and I have agreed that we will drive or take the train for any future trips. It is just too difficult for me now that I am a bit older and walk with leg braces and a walker. I don't need the aggravation!

Have a great trip!

Comments

Thanks Jazzi. It's impossible to travel from Asia to North America by train or car though :)  Post time 2013-6-22 15:58

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-22 22:05
| Show all posts
I have a pair of nail clippers that have always passed security. There is no file on the clippers and their are no sharp point--only rounded points. They cut very close to the fabric.

Comments

My baby nail clippers with rounded tips was taken at the airport in my last departure from Vietnam. I think these will pass security in the US but not in Vietnam due to lack of common sense.  Post time 2013-6-22 22:13

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-23 15:00
| Show all posts
When I have been desperate I have used a dental floss box or nail clippers. Have never had any problems using a clover cutter or needle though

Comments

Thanks for the suggestion. I used dental floss box on this trip over and bought the thread cutter to use on the way back :)  Post time 2013-8-14 09:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-20 20:15
| Show all posts
My husband gave the Clover thread cutter pendant as a gift to me. And so every time I will travel with air plane, I take this really good gadget with me.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-2 17:54
| Show all posts
the clover pendant is not stopped in europe to usa and back
expecially if is weared as jewelry ... is brass, lovely done vith flovers, hanging on a nice ribbon makes a pretty armless pendant  
also i used dental floss as tread cutter, there is a small blade and you will still need to refine your work once landed (scissors in the luggage are allowed, just not in the cabin) but boredoom is kept in check
usually have also a bit of floss already cut in right lenght in bobbins,
so i may leave long tails and finish it at the hotel or at home
needles in a small piece of felt inside the money purse, near coins are fine too,
no more then 2 or 3 while otehrs with the scissors as safe backup

have fun on your holiday and get the hostess involved,
they may help you too

Comments

I had no issue with the thread cutter and I traveled from the US to Asia :)  Post time 2013-8-14 09:06

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-4 21:19
| Show all posts
very interesting discussion to consider thanks

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 08:28
| Show all posts
Me han ido muy bien sus consejos, gracias, porque no sabia que las tijeras de bebe también las confiscaran :curse:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-15 04:24
| Show all posts

That is such a good idea - i once had straight metal needles confiscated but I think that would work!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 04:59 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057282 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list