Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 2428|Reply: 16
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Astrological Inspiration for Cross Stitching

[Copy link]
Post time: 2009-5-25 23:32
| Show all posts |Read mode
Astrological Inspiration for Cross Stitching

When we are choosing our next project – whether it is a treat for ourselves, or a gift or card for someone who is a family member, or a friend – it can be a tricky decision. We can be tempted to look through some magazines or books and get inspired by something that catches our eye at the time. Often, a snap decision may result in regret. How many cross stitchers have bought a kit or chart on the spur of the moment, only to realise their mistake later?

One more positive area of choice involves astrological signs. Not everyone believes in the power in Astrology to determine our futures, but for many of us, our astrological sun sign is part of who we are. For example – I am a Libran. I am happy to know about my apparent sense of justice and fairness. I am less enthralled to consider my faults of sitting on the fence and generally dithering when I am required to make a decision - and also prizing beauty over quality. Nevertheless, knowing the irksome traits that I am supposed to have, I am highly motivated to rise above them. So that’s a good thing, I tell myself.

The world that we live in is always an uncertain place, and people have always striven to make some sort of sense of it. So Astrology has been considered a source of guidance and help; interpreting the movements and influences of the planets and stars to determine destinies. In our current world, where so many of us feel as if we are being carried along by forces that we are unable to influence (the Credit Crunch being one example) the power and vitality of Astrology can be very appealing.

Another aspect of using astrological signs as cross stitch designs is that there are many beautiful designs to choose from. My own favourite cross stitch resource is a book by Julie Hasler called ‘Fantasy Cross Stitch’ in which there are some intriguing designs for people who love rich designs. Whether you take these ancient beliefs seriously or not, these images are fascinating and make wonderful designs in their own right.
They are suitable for cards or for small pictures; just right for gifts - or a special present for yourself…

Happy Stitching!

REPOST FOR YOUR REFERENCE!

Comments

So it's about the stars and their setting. Yes! I too believe that those have a meaning. But I believe the power of it all lies with the Person who made the stars and set them in the sky long ago.  Post time 2021-3-21 21:13

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-1-17 20:56
| Show all posts
I agree with you fully.
To me has happened to choose something completely fled to my usual choices for cross stitch and later, through astrology, I understand better the reason for my choice.
Thanks for sharing
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-18 11:07
| Show all posts
I really love satsuma street signs, they are full of color and I wanna stitch them all, but I don't think I have the time, So I wanna stitch Sagi and Cancer, but I only found cancer in the forum...no sagittarius yet

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-8 06:45
| Show all posts
Interesting.  I don't really believe in astrology but there are some pretty patterns based on it

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-23 19:05
| Show all posts
Все зависит скорее от того, на сколько человек сам в это верит.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-10 09:03
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 23:15
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-9 01:56
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-21 00:10
| Show all posts
It's for anyone

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-6-18 00:26
| Show all posts
I agree with you fully :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2010-1-7 03:07
| Show all posts
Something to think about. Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2010-1-8 06:54
| Show all posts
You really have the point. I've seen many Astrological patterns, so pretty they make me feel sorry I'm not some other sign, (or better all signs!) - and I'm Aquarius - so I can stitch them for myself.
The Chinese zodiac also gives many beautiful and meaningful ideas for cross stitch. My sister is born in the year of the rat, so I gave her little mouse {:3_52:}

Use magic Report

Post time: 2010-1-30 19:32
| Show all posts
I think your right about that i have notice some things from myself to with the conection from my zodiac sign.
Im also a creatieve and stubborn person hahahaha so you notice that im a aquarius also.
From chinese zodiac im from the year of the Rat 1972.
Im not a impulse buyer im thinking a lot befoure i take decision.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-15 16:20
| Show all posts
Very Nice!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 11:21 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071028 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list