Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: Hamsteren09
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Gridding Cross Stitch Fabric

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time: 2009-6-18 17:26
| Show all posts
Vinegar = Acid??
We are always advised to mount the cross stitch for framing on acid-free cardboard, since acid can stain the fabric over time.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-6-22 10:22
| Show all posts
actually vinegar is very useful in household matter, especially for disinfection and cleaning purposes......

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-9-21 18:46
| Show all posts
I like this idea more than using water soluble pen. You can remove it easily, and you don't have to wash the finished craft.
The only question I have is if the grid tangles up with the floss. Because if happens, it could be difficult to remove the grid.
Thanks for the idea!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-9-22 00:36
| Show all posts
I did that too before I started my project. it took me a week to stitch the corners for all the grids but it was well worth the time.

btw ebi what I did was every time i reached a grid corner I removed it before stitching the next to it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-9-22 23:56
| Show all posts
Oh, thanks.
I'll do that the next time I stitch something large.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-11-19 00:07
| Show all posts
I'm a gridder!  I use sulky metallics that do not split when you're stitching around them and they're slick enough to easily pull out when done.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-11-19 02:03
| Show all posts
I don´t grid my work .... when is big projects .... I make a cross in the middle of the fabric ... to show the exactly center only.
If you need wash ... use warm mneral water ... and transparent kitchen detergent ... here we have one with aloe vera ... is very soft and light ... and don´t have acid ph ... and let dry at the shadow not directly at the sun ... and if possible with the wrong side up.

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +1 Collapse Reason
Ann + 1 thank you for your answer.

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2010-1-7 02:08
| Show all posts
I have used fishing line, not thread to grid my projects. The same type of nylon line that fishermen use on their fishing poles. It slides out very easily when I am removing it and it doesn't get piercecd by my needle when I am stitching so the threads do not get tangled.

Comments

me too! in fact I get the bright orange one that can be seen easily, and it pulls out smoothly when needed.  Details Reply Post time 2012-10-25 16:23

Use magic Report

Post time: 2010-10-11 11:03
| Show all posts
I found that gridding is frustrating but on haed projects it can save lots of heartache

Use magic Report

Post time: 2010-11-14 09:43
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 19:51 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.078189 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list