Search
Hot search: hat cross stitch Xsd hae xsd Hae
View: 660|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

HELP!

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-6-26 01:10
| Show all posts |Read mode
I was wondering if any of you can help me! I am right handed and I learned how to knit from my left handed mom. So now I knit left handed. I have never knitted anything for a pattern before. Will knitting left handed affect the way the pattern will come out?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-6-26 04:40
| Show all posts
Sorry! I have mot much experience to know if there is any difference between working on the right or left!! I hope someone can help you!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-26 07:24
| Show all posts
knitting is when you're holding two needles on one on each hand, the only question is where are you most comfortable holding the yarn/thread with the needle, if you're used to putting the needle or thread on your left, then that's fine...
for more info you check out Youtube.
btw, knitting with yarn on the right is called English Knitting, and on yarn on the left is called Continental Knitting.

Comments

5up
Thank you so much!! That is nice to know! I have no idea about knitting and want to learn more  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-26 22:15

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-26 22:15
| Show all posts

Thank you so much!! That is nice to know! I have no idea about knitting and want to learn more :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-27 08:35
| Show all posts
glad I could help :) happy knitting

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-30 03:11
| Show all posts
I don't think it will affect the pattern... But there are lots of videos on youtube, if you do a quick search, that will show you how to cast on, and which side to loop for the right handers... Try it out and compare the two to see what you're more comfortable with.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-13 10:57
| Show all posts
My mum is an ambidextrous and I don’t think she has a problem with the pattern working or not. I don’t think your work will be any detent if you switch hands. I am also right handed and if I cannot do something in my knit pattern my mum helps me.  I do know that you need tension when you’re knitting something’s but I do believe you’re left hand is as good as your right hand.

I hope that this will help you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-30 19:14
| Show all posts
It does'nt matter, I think!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-25 08:39
| Show all posts
Non ha importanza credi

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-6-11 00:17
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Try it out with both hands and see what you like best •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 09:08 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054396 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list