| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: cute.panda.sue
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] What does the backside of your cross stitch look like?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-7-2 18:43
| Show all posts
To change the subject slightly... I'm quite proud of my back, for the complete opposite reason. It's still fairly neat, I suppose, but mostly I liked it (in this particular section) because it reminded me of a corset. I liked the way the skirt was straight lines on the back except where all the big crosses jumped across it. And because my tension was a bit dodgy, it even felt a little bit ridged. (that is mostly fixed now that it is finished and washed). For a bit of a guideline, that 'white' section is 7 different colours and the orange that jumps all over the place was the final metallic thread backstitching - I just wanted that done as quick as I could, I didn't care about travelling.
I can honestly say that this is the first time ever I have preferred the back of the design.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Comments

it looks really nice  Post time 2013-7-3 02:15
Wow...that looks nice I need to learn to snip the thread closer, but I always worry it'll slip out! I love corsets...and own probably way too many XD and I can see what you mean about the corsetted  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-2 18:58

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-2 18:58
| Show all posts
R Lee replied at 2013-7-2 18:43
To change the subject slightly... I'm quite proud of my back, for the complete opposite reason. It's ...

Wow...that looks nice :D I need to learn to snip the thread closer, but I always worry it'll slip out! I love corsets...and own probably way too many XD and I can see what you mean about the corsetted look to it... Also... I like that you spell "colour" XD I do too, and I've been slowly changing my American friends' way of spelling >.>

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-4 10:04
| Show all posts
It doesn't bother me if the back is a little messy, nobody see's it, unless it's on plastic canvas or paper, and even then, everyone is looking at the front NOT the back, so for me it's a neat effect, but I'd much rather simply enjoy my time stitching to than to add time to it trying to figure out how to make the back mirror it or look perfect. Just my opinion, but I really think it does look cool! I just never look at the backs! LOL

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-5 22:59
| Show all posts
I agree with A'Moose'd, and don't get too stressed about the back (within limits though, no knots or lumps, and I try not to carry the thread too far).  It's all about the front of the piece, for me :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-7 05:58
| Show all posts
Looks very clean to me. I've been stitching for about 15 years and am very OCD about the back and keeping it neat and yours looks fabulous :)

Comments

If you could upload a picture to show me that would be great! And also if you could share some tips  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-7 06:07

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-7 06:07
| Show all posts
lalaland2013 replied at 2013-7-7 05:58
Looks very clean to me. I've been stitching for about 15 years and am very OCD about the back and ke ...

:D If you could upload a picture to show me  that would be great! And also if you could share some tips :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-7 07:13
| Show all posts
Unfortunately, I don't have any completed ones to show, but here's a small sample of one I'm working on now. As you can see, I tape the open threads and don't close until there's a suitable amount of stitching to close them under. Depending on how much I've done when I'm ready to finish a thread, I might tape it as well. The best advice I can give you is to work right like this ///// and left like this \\\\ bottom to top in order to get the back to look like mine so it's easier to close the thread. Let me know if I can be any more help

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Comments

I always thought the back should be in vertical rather than diagonal lines? O.O  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-7 07:17

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-7 07:17
| Show all posts
lalaland2013 replied at 2013-7-7 07:13
Unfortunately, I don't have any completed ones to show, but here's a small sample of one I'm working ...

I always thought the back should be in vertical rather than diagonal lines? O.O

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-7 07:24
| Show all posts
Sometimes it works out easier that way depending on the project, but I've found it is 100 times easier to close the threads when the back lines are diagonal... and it looks almost identical to the front, almost Picasso-like LOL. When I finish this project, I'll send the back along to you :)  And thanks a bunch for the start-up coins, much appreciated luv!

Comments

I just can't seem to wrap my head around howto make it diagonal in he back XD I think the traditional method is too ingrained in me. However, yours look amazing! What's the biggest project you've work  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-7 07:30

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-7 07:30
| Show all posts
lalaland2013 replied at 2013-7-7 07:24
Sometimes it works out easier that way depending on the project, but I've found it is 100 times easi ...

I just can't seem to wrap my head around howto make it diagonal in he back XD I think the traditional method is too ingrained in me. However, yours look amazing! What's the biggest project you've worked on?

Comments

The biggest I've worked on is a 30x30, and never again LOL! I stretch my fabric on reusable wooden stretchers, the pieces are all different sizes and connect at the corners and I use thumbtacks to kee  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-7 07:40

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 18:30 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.194446 sec., 25 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list