Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 2439|Reply: 46
Collapse the left

My Halloween Scream House came!

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-6-28 15:46
| Show all posts |Read mode
This is so exciting, it seemed like I waited forever for it to come. Boy, was it worth it. You will see that it came wrapped like a gift and was so exciting. Look how neat it is, I will take pics when I start it. It is a higher thread count than I am used to, so it is going to take a bit more practice for me to be ready to start.

I paid extra to for the over-dyed threads, a tiny pair of scissors that will fit, special black pins, the material, and the finishing materials. As you can see it was wrapped so gorgeous and as I opened it...WOW!

I now owned my "first" few skeins of over-dyed floss. This however was only the beginning lol. There are more parcels  and cross stitch to come.

Woo Hoo Its here!

Woo Hoo Its here!

See? Just like a present

See? Just like a present

I hated to break open the sticker

I hated to break open the sticker

Unwrapping the layers

Unwrapping the layers

Look at the tiny scissors

Look at the tiny scissors

Beads and finishing stuff too

Beads and finishing stuff too

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +6 Collapse Reason
stockingstitch + 4 Awesome!
GrannyNeedle55 + 1 I just got one also, and can't wait to s.
cute.panda.sue + 1 I can rate now! :D

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-9-11 05:58
| Show all posts
I'm excited for you, because I've never worked up the nerve to try this. It looks like you saved up your pennies to get everything you needed. Good luck and keep practicing those tiny stitches!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-8-5 06:05
| Show all posts
**Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ** Very beautifull.. Muchas gracias por compartir **Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ**

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-8-30 07:50
| Show all posts
Beautiful, I love the paisley wrapping "paper" too :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-1-23 00:48
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Very nice •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-11-6 04:19
| Show all posts
Very nice! Thank you very much for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-8 16:20
| Show all posts
        Very nice!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-10-21 21:40
| Show all posts
*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Very nice •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-8 15:09
| Show all posts
so beautiful your package

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-27 09:18
| Show all posts
What a beautiful package

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-28 20:22
| Show all posts
Very nice!   

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-28 19:58
| Show all posts
YAY PACKAGES :D It's just like opening presents eveytime... What does the pattern look like? Also, just wondering, do you prefer kits to patterns? and why...

Comments

The patterns are here in the forum, they are very detailed and the finishing book is very long. I think that is why it feels so intimidating. Soon after I purchased it online, I found that the info wa  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-28 23:20

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-28 20:40
| Show all posts
Wow, I love the wrapping!! Very pretty!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-28 23:10
| Show all posts
Wow, what a great haul.    I have this in my stash and am not so sure I'm skilled enough to do it. :L

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-28 23:20
| Show all posts
Edited by Jazzi at 2013-6-28 09:23

The patterns are here in the forum, they are very detailed and the finishing book is very long. I think that is why it feels so intimidating. Soon after I purchased it online, I found that the info was here and I was kind of bummed. However I really think in this case I made the right decision in buying the kit. It is a very big project done on a "limited" amount of linen. I am practicing on a lot of other projects to get to used to using fabric with such a high thread count.

Most of the time I prefer to just get patterns so that I am able to buy my own fabric and change up thread colors if I want. This is so complicated that I am glad that I have the whole kit. Without having bought the finishing kit I would probably not finish it. ;P I know myself pretty well. :)This actually has a "chance" of being finished due to my buying the finishing kit, over-dyed threads, scissors, and special black pins with it. I even went and bought a skein each of the DMC colors it calls for and put that with it.

When I am ready to start I want to be able to go without anything holding me back.

Comments

Also, What do you mean by over dyed threads? and what are the pins for? and what is in a finishing kit? I have a few projects planned, including HAED ones... I can't wait XD  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-29 02:58

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 02:58
| Show all posts
Jazzi replied at 2013-6-28 23:20
The patterns are here in the forum, they are very detailed and the finishing book is very long. I t ...

Also, What do you mean by over dyed threads? and what are the pins for? and what is in a finishing kit? I have a few projects planned, including HAED ones... I can't wait XD

Comments

Over-dyed embroidery floss is made and sold by various companies in a variety of colors. Weeks Dye Works, Crescent Colours and a variety of other companies make and sell them. Compared to the DMC the  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-30 13:24

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-30 13:24
| Show all posts
Yenilaia replied at 2013-6-28 12:58
Also, What do you mean by over dyed threads? and what are the pins for? and what is in a finishing ...

Over-dyed embroidery floss is made and sold by various companies in a variety of colors. Weeks Dye Works, Crescent Colours and a variety of other companies make and sell them. Compared to the DMC the ones that I received feel a bit more heavy in my hand and the colors are brighter and stronger. I believe it depends on the company as far as if they are color fast etc. I have not used them yet, however a lot of the patterns I like call for them so I thought I would try them.

The pins in the Halloween Scream House are small and black so that they will show up in the pumpkin pin cushions.

In this case the finishing kit includes instructions and pieces to put together the the walls, wires to connect them to the roof, charms and beads to embellish the house.

When finished the Halloween scream house will have 9 detailed interior and exterior pieces and will be functional with ghosts and cord to hold a tiny scissors, a witches hat to hold needles, and 2 wool pumpkin pin cushions to hold the black pins.

It is a great project, however now that it is here it is a bit scary and I don't mean because of ghosts. lol There is a limited amount of material to use and that makes me nervous :o

Comments

That sounds...AWESOME O.O Couldn't you get your own fabric so you have more space to work on?  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-30 13:27

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-30 13:27
| Show all posts
Jazzi replied at 2013-6-30 13:24
Over-dyed embroidery floss is made and sold by various companies in a variety of colors. Weeks Dye ...

That sounds...AWESOME O.O  Couldn't you get your own fabric so you have more space to work on?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-5 23:40
| Show all posts
What a fun package!  Can't wait to see the results.

I saw in your comment that you have not used the over-dyed threads before.  A tip to get the best colour variation from these lovely threads is to make each stitch a full cross, rather than doing half one way and half back.  You can also do it that way but the colour changes will not be as obvious.  I hope I have explained this properly! :)

Comments

Thank you lyra for telling me that! I just bought my first over-dyed threads and haven't used them yet, but I had seen something about being careful how you stitch with them to get the best results!  Post time 2013-9-12 11:51

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-6 02:08
| Show all posts
I had to go look up this pattern as I LOVE IT!!  Wow, the description the silver needle gives is just amazing and what a huge kit.  See, most likely would not do it on a small count but would get a different fabby in a little bigger count.  Wish they offered the kit w/OUT the fabric!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 10:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.089315 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list