| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: cute.panda.sue
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How do you store your needles?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time: 2013-7-3 02:41
| Show all posts

YAY FOR PICTURES!!  This is like... Stitching voyuerism XD jk

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-4 20:22
| Show all posts
I use the magnetic needle containers - LoRan do them I think.

Comments

:O I think that's how my friend stores her as well... Do you have a separate container for each size?  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-5 01:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-5 00:00
| Show all posts
I have a tin for mine although some are in my pin cushion.

Comments

I'm actually looking into one of those felt handmade needle cases... do you have a separate tin for each size? or how do you tell them apart?  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-5 01:06

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-5 01:05
| Show all posts
HollyBlue replied at 2013-7-4 20:22
I use the magnetic needle containers - LoRan do them I think.

:O I think that's how my friend stores her as well... Do you have a separate container for each size?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-5 01:06
| Show all posts
redstar replied at 2013-7-5 00:00
I have a tin for mine although some are in my pin cushion.

I'm actually looking into one of those felt handmade needle cases... do you have a separate tin for each size? or how do you tell them apart?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-5 22:38
| Show all posts
I use plastic pill bottles, and write the size of the needle on the lid.  Since I get my needles in bulk, it's handy :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-22 02:40
| Show all posts
On a magnet

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-22 10:11
| Show all posts
I use the little LoRan cases. Just use a bit of tape and a sharpie to label which one holds what. I use JoAnn's abundant 40% off coupons to get spares. :> If you like mints some folks stick a sheet magnet in one and use that as a needle holder.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-23 10:51
| Show all posts
however you will keep them, just dont keep them in the project you are doing. sometimes you start something else and then when you return to the first one you find it rusty with a stain in the fabric...................

Comments

Good advice!!! I'm glad I've never left the needle in the project yet (mainly because I'm paranoid they would drop and I would lose them or my puppies would eat them...) But the rusting is another wo  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-23 10:54

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-23 10:54
| Show all posts
moniquehamels replied at 2013-7-23 10:51
however you will keep them, just dont keep them in the project you are doing. sometimes you start so ...

Good advice!!! I'm glad I've never left the needle in the project yet (mainly because I'm paranoid they would drop and I would lose them or my puppies would eat them...)  But the rusting is another worry! I have my little needle minder to hold my needles on current projects :D

Comments

hi, i found out the hard way. cause i always have several project going on. you know sometimes you just like to do something else....... and of course the place where i put the needle was right at a p  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-23 11:02

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 06:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067835 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list