| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 2026|Reply: 20
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Make your own Q-snap covers :)

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-7-29 02:39
| Show all posts |Read mode
Add all sides of your Q-snap together and add 1.  This will give you the length of fabric you need.  If you want more, just add another inch.

You will need 1/4" elastic.  Now you add together 2 sides of the frame and add 1" for the elastic.

Choose your fabric and iron well.  Your width will be 7 inches and length will be the number you came up with from above.  You are first going to make a pocket for the elastic.  Fold over length edges 1/4, iron down.  Now depending on how well you are able to thread fabric, fold it down another 1/4" or possibly a 1/2"  (also good to do if you are sewing challenged and can't sew a straight line).  Do that for both edges.  Grab a safety pin and attach it to your elastic and thread through each side.  Pin elastic ends to each end, you will see that your fabric is already gathering.  Right sides in (wrong sides out), fold and meet your 2 short ends together.  Sew (or serge) a 1" seam.  If you sewed it, you can trim the edges and zig zag stitch over them.

Voila!  You are done!!

I found these examples on this blog  qnvikki.blogspot.com/2013/04/q-snap-cover-pattern.html
For a square frame -

4 X inches plus 1 by 7" wide for fabric and 2 X 2 sides plus 1" for elastic (elastic should be 1/4" or 1/2" wide)

Example:

8 X 8 frame  4 X 8 = 32 plus 1= 33" long by 7" wide for fabric and 16 plus 1= 17 for elastic (you need two pieces this length)

8 X 10 frame 2 X 8 plus 2 X 10 plus 1 = 37 long by 7 " wide for fabric and 18 plus 1 = 19 for elastic (you need two pieces this length)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-6-27 01:28
| Show all posts
Thanks for this!  I just bought my first Q-Snap frame and saw the covers, but didn't want to lay out that expense yet.  I live in a very hot, humid climate and these covers will help to protect my Aida cloth while I am stitching.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-7-18 08:49
| Show all posts
thank you for this. i have a few covers for my qsnaps but they are all ugly fabrics. i just purchased a fabric i love to try make my own.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-28 20:11
| Show all posts
From experience:
First wash & iron the fabric before measuring & cutting.
My first finished cover shrunk.... :Q

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-11 20:05
| Show all posts
I also extend the embroidery linen so that it is well grasped by the embroidery frame. It justifies the effort.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 18:51
| Show all posts
I saw some people on flossytube using steering wheel covers on their q snaps :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-5-21 14:13
| Show all posts
I used to make my own but lost the pattern, so very happy to find this! Thankyou:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-1 14:44
| Show all posts
Thanks for  sharing with us  very helpful

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-7-25 11:19
| Show all posts

Thank you for your advice.. i have never washed my amigurumi before

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-22 23:57
| Show all posts
Thanks! I attempted my own with no luck. Will have to try this

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-25 18:18
| Show all posts
Спасибо большое! Попробую смастерить.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-29 03:01
| Show all posts
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it, because I found a gal on eBay that makes and sells them but it said that there is no choice of fabric? I also found some on The Silver Needle web site but again they come in "Assorted" materials and they will "pick" for me which isn't cool in my opinion.

I have great fabric that would make awesome Q-Snap covers and I know how to sew ;P.

Thanks Sweetie

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-29 08:09
| Show all posts
Told you I would find it for you :)  I'm so glad!!  I wish I could sit at my sewing machine longer than I can.  I did make 2 covers for my largest snaps, but they turned out a little more snug and not as wide to be able to tuck fabby into.  But, I know my back was killing me and I did a rush job, so really didn't pay attention to seam allowances, etc.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-29 08:27
| Show all posts
It's tempting to learn how the sewing machine I snagged off my mom so I can do this. (It was sitting in the box in her living for over a year, as she's a hoarder I call that fair game.. :) It's a Brother Embroidery machine soo :>

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-8-1 01:40
| Show all posts
Is it a sewing/embroidery combo?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-23 22:48
| Show all posts
thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-25 17:12
| Show all posts
Thank you!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 16:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.093411 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list