Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 1011|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Make your own Q-Snaps

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-7-29 02:52
| Show all posts |Read mode
I like to have a Q-Snap for each project I am working on.  That can get EXPENSIVE.  Sooooo, I found a way around it.  I made many of my own!!  I got 2 lengths of 1" PVC pipe.  I then got A LOT of the PVC corner pieces.  Find a place to anchor/hold the PVC pipe and mark the lengths you want for your frame.  I added 1/2" to each length to give it room for the corner pieces.  Now when I did mine, I didn't have a clamp, or table or anything to anchor it.  I laid it on my porch with the part I was cutting over the edge and brings on the length laying on the porch.  I do not recommend this because boy did I not cut straight ends.  I used this saw of my hubby's that has 1 long blade on it.  Jigsaw maybe?  I had a lot of trouble meeting my lines too.  I pretty much wasted the first pole getting the hang of it!!  LOL!  Once you have cut your desired lengths, you will probably want to sand the ends smooth, then just attach them using corner pieces.  There used to be another type of pvc pipe you could get to make the clamps, but I haven't found it anywhere.  So I just order spare clamps for mine.  It is still way cheaper than buying a whole new qsnap!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-7-29 03:07
| Show all posts
I never thouht of this thanks
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-29 06:20
| Show all posts
I talked to hubby about it and he said it is worth it to buy more Qsnaps. It is a great idea, however he started a new job in July with higher pay. :D Love the instructions for covers though, I have tons of fabric.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-29 08:28
| Show all posts
The one thing I prefer about Q-snaps is the elbows are the same diameter as the rest of the frame, unless you get lucky and find elbows that fit inside the pipe.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-29 08:35
| Show all posts
Sounds complicated, you're certainly very courageous ! Do you have pics ?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-30 05:41
| Show all posts
What a good idea - I'm going to try it.  Thanks :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-31 16:44
| Show all posts
Hrm... I don't know how expensive Qsnaps are near where you are, on Amazon they're less than $15 for the biggest one (17X17 inches). If you want to save more money and are near a Michaels or Joanns they have a weekly coupon for 40% off one item (sometimes 50% off) and you can buy Q snap equivalents for less than $10 with the coupon! I've bought myself 2 that way and one for my friend. Much easier than buying pvc with the joints and clamps imo...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-29 01:32
| Show all posts
Thanks for the idea!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-12 05:17
| Show all posts
Gracias por la informacion

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-4 05:33
| Show all posts
That is a very good idea.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 16:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.051282 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list