Forgot password?
 Register
View: 3186|Reply: 39
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How do you start.

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-8-14 11:35
| Show all posts |Read mode
How many threads do you use?  When you use two threads, do you pull out the two threads and latch it in the back before you start?  I used to do this but then someone told me if you pull out one thread and make it twice as long as the usual, fold it in two and then thread the two ends into the needle leaving the loop on the other end. When you thread into your fabric you catch the loop at the back. This saves too many starts at the back. Hope you can understand this.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-2-7 00:52
| Show all posts
I use the loop method as described when I can.  I stitch a lot of Theresa Wentzler and she uses a lot of blends so you can't do the loop.  In that case I leave a little excess on the back and stich over it to anchor the end
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-1 08:29
| Show all posts
Loop start whenever possible, though I haven't blended threads before. I have a couple patterns which do require this and haven't started them yet. Might use pin stitch when this happens

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-6-12 21:45
| Show all posts
I typically use 2 threads for 16 count and higher, and 3 threads for 14 count. I start from the top left corner and use the loop knot in the back.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-7-11 19:41
| Show all posts
I'm using this method too. And now started also using micro stitches for combined colors and to end off the threads.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 10:34
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 12:32
| Show all posts
I use this method.  It's called the loop start as you pass the thread through the loop to start the first stitch.   Does save a lot of long ends to run in or stitch over.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-8-14 12:45
| Show all posts
It worried me when I first started doing this as the twist is going in opposite directions, but then I am not going in for competitions but for my own pleasure.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 15:23
| Show all posts
I also use the loop method, it's really easy once you're used to it!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 19:54
| Show all posts
Have you seen the thread about the pinhead stitch (used for both starting and stopping stitching)?   I love this stitch, and find it really useful.  It also helps keep the back a little neater  :D

Comments

I just put this exact thread in my favorites last night. The next time I am able to stitch I am trying it out. I'm working with one thread and stopping/starting the ends would be so much easier this w  Details Reply Post time 2013-9-12 07:03
Please explain. Sounds interesting. I would love to try it as I am sure others would also.  Details Reply Post time 2013-8-14 20:01

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-8-14 20:01
| Show all posts

Please explain. Sounds interesting. I would love to try it as I am sure others would also.

Comments

http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1719&extra=page%3D1 Here's the link to the thread Its further down in this forum, and the explanation is really clear and useful.  Details Reply Post time 2013-8-14 22:03

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 22:03
| Show all posts
Lindy Lou replied at 2013-8-14 08:01
Please explain. Sounds interesting. I would love to try it as I am sure others would also.

http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1

Here's the link to the thread :)  Its further down in this forum, and the explanation is really clear and useful.

Comments

Thank You for this I will certainly give it a try.  Details Reply Post time 2013-8-15 07:37

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-15 02:58
| Show all posts
The loop start is how I usually will do it unless it's a large block of stitches, then I'll use an away knot, attached about 6 stitches in front of where I'm going to start. I stitch over it, cut the knot off the front and continue on stitching.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-15 04:21
| Show all posts
I loop too. It makes the back of my work neater and I dont have to worry about it coming loose.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-8-15 07:37
| Show all posts
kath1634 replied at 2013-8-14 23:03
http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1719&extra=page%3D1

Here's the link to  ...

Thank You for this I will certainly give it a try.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 08:57 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074271 sec., 21 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list