| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 39|Reply: 4
Collapse the left

Members waiting over 4 days for moderation?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-9-5 05:39
| Show all posts |Read mode
I know we are short-staffed, however some members have been waiting over 4 days for moderation in Cross Stitch Scanned Patterns and Other Hand Works?

I am willing to help out if needed, so far only a few members are speaking out but I'm sure more will jump on. Is there something I can tell them, or do please? I am looking out for the happiness of the members as most of the things I have read here say that I should.

Thank you

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-9-7 18:58
| Show all posts
I can see the problem Jazzi - but I am not sure there is any solution for it other than make a post explaning that atm you are stretched and working as hard as you can. Most times this tends to cool the hot heads and that will give you more time for the "real work" when you are not debating with frustrated people.

If it were me I would put a message in BIG LETTERS on the relevant forum front pages to advise that atm it takes about let's say up to 1 week to have a pattern moderated. Do not excuse why this is - you can potentially do that in the previously mentioned forum post.

If people then complain you just point them to that page which clearly states that this is how it is. I know they will not have read it - but you have made an open announcement of the facts and have the right to expect people to abide by them - and they knowingly posted their pattern under those rules. This also prevents rumours to start and talk about all kinds of conspiracies.

It can always be changed again when the situation is less stretched - but that hopefully should make your life a bit more tolerable.

I hope this makes sense - I am tired and on my way to bed - but wanted to at least give the matter my support.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-7 19:38
| Show all posts
the whole thing was a mistake,
the charts were moderat, but the poster can't find them,
because she is new,and  haven't read the Help Threads.
and she asked me, to remove this post,
I've reported, but nothing happen.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-9-8 06:02
| Show all posts
Thanks Kelara, actually there were some posts that were sitting a few days when I started doing the Cross Stitch Scanned. Great idea with highlighting the 1 week. :) You are right, I made a post stating the obvious (what we do as mods) like searching for duplicates etc, and they loved it and calmed right down.

To me this would be obvious, however I find that they are more oriented to how long they work to put together a post and not how long it takes for mods to check ALL the ones that come in. Several members rated the post and thanked me for the "behind the scenes" info. I never said anything but the obvious though like searching through over 58,000 posts and how when the forum started there was no moderation so we have a lot of vague titles etc.

This is the second time that the members have gotten riled up and it appears they just need to be "heard and acknowledged" and they calm down. Having worked in the Criminal Justice system I guess I have "radar" for this kind of thing and know that if left on their own, several newbies will join and it will just get bigger and "louder".

If I respond as a moderator, they feel heard and go back to other things. Just a good tidbit to remember I think :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-8 12:50
| Show all posts
well done at making them calm down :)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 19:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066860 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list