Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 1036|Reply: 35
Collapse the left

[Processing Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 6

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-10-7 03:23
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by CrochetGranny at 2013-10-13 02:07

Hello everyone! I hope the weekend treated you all well with lots of stich time!

Welcome to week 6 in our Crochet Along! :)

Below are the links to all the previous posts for this project. If you are just joining us welcome! Please read through the posts below so you are up to date. There is no rush in getting caught up and feel free to share your progress pictures each week with us as we move forward. Again there is no rush, this is not a race take your time and have fun! :)

Crochet along - First thread: VOTE
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 1
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 2
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 3
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 4
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 5

So! Boy did I make a boo boo and I'm hoping I am the only one who did this. I started stitching the bumps together for the wings last week right...well after getting about 5 rows in I realized I started stitching them together in the wrong place! All of the decreases and rows of single crochet are all in the wrong spots! UGH! Needless to say my wings are looking a little...well different. I am accepting my error though and chalking it up to be unique and adding some character :lol  I just have to finish stitching up the last few rows on my second wing tonight.

I was wondering, have any of you started thinking about how you are going to design your butterfly yet? Do you know exactly what you are going to do? I am sure some of you may want to leave that part as a surprise but if you have any ideas you would like to share please do! All I know right now is I am adding some brown circles to the tips of my wings...other than that I am not sure yet. I'm going to let the creativity flow once I get there :)

I also want you all to consider the next part of our crochet along. Have any of you completed this part yet? How long did it take? Please review the pattern, use your judgment and let us know below whether or not we should extend this out over 2 weeks time or if 1 is plenty. As always your input is grately appreciated! Thank you so much!

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE
09/02/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 1
Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! You are going to want to plan out your colors for each piece and take note of any materials you may need to purchase. If you have any questions you may ask them below, but please, if it pertains to a later portion of our pattern try to hold off until we all get there so there is no confusion.

Once you have your materials gathered you may start on the Head / Body of the pattern. Because this portion is the largest piece we are going to stretch this out for 2 weeks. If anyone needs more time do not be afraid to ask! We can always add on a third week if needed.

NOTE: The designer has chosen to start each piece with a Ch 2, SC 6 in second chain from hook. If you prefer, as I do, you can substitute the Ch 2, SC 6 for a magic circle with SC 6. If you do not know how to work the magic circle,YouTube has some wonderful tutorials!   *Please note, this only stands as a reference, you do not need to use the magic circle

09/09/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 2
Head /Body continued, first weekly check-in

09/16/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 3
Nose and Antennae, weekly check-in
**EDITED **  Now includes also working the Eyes / Eyelids from the original Week 4

09/23/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 4
Top Wings Part 1 of 4 (Top bump - Make 2) and Top Wings Part 2 of 4 (Middle Bump - Make 2), weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up, I suggest labeling a sandwich bag
**EDITED **  
Now includes also working Part 2 of 4 as these are very small pieces

09/30/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 5
Top Wings Part 3 of 4 (Last Bump - Make 2) and Top Wings Part 4 of 4 (Assembling the Top Wing, includes Rows 1-11), weekly check-in

10/07/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 6
Bottom Wings (Make 2), weekly check-in.
**Because these wings are quite large I was thinking we should stretch this part of the pattern out for 2 weeks. There are a few people who could also use this time to catch up with the group. If anyone needs more time or if the 1 week is plenty leave a comment in the post directly below for discussion and we can change the schedule accordingly. Thank you for your input! :)

10/14/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 7
Bottom Wings Continued, weekly check-in

10/21/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 8
Embellishing the Wings and final assembly (now it's getting super exciting!), weekly check-in
Prize to be announced within this week's thread! Yes you read that right…A PRIZE!
***Please post a picture of your finished butterfly this week as soon as possible so I can get them together for the final vote next week***

10/28/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 9
Final check-in, shares and vote for best project!

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for possible updates and to see everyone’s progress!
I hope you all have a fabulous week!
Keep those hooks a flyin' ladies!
Amanda :loveliness:

other colors

other colors

Comments

I added the photo that came from designer, I like how she did the colors  Post time 2013-10-13 02:08

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +1 Collapse Reason
kamoopsipooh + 1 Awesome!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2024-1-10 06:48
| Show all posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-10 06:47
| Show all posts
This is awesome!  Do these "crochet along" still happen?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-20 12:48
| Show all posts
Thank  you  very  much  for  sharing  this  great  pattern !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-19 21:33
| Show all posts
Thank  you  very  much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-23 04:07
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Bravo, well done •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-20 06:08
| Show all posts
Very nice! Beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-9 07:53
| Show all posts
Beautiful work! Thank you very much for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-3-15 10:57
| Show all posts
Very nice      

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-11 18:22
| Show all posts

Verry nice work!!! Thank you for sharing:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-1 13:32
| Show all posts
thank you very much for sharing!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-7 03:25
| Show all posts
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW REGARDING EXTENDING OUT THIS WEEK'S PART OF THE PATTERN:

Comments

For me what you decide I'm up! is with you girls...  Post time 2013-10-8 00:56
I vote 1 week. I am eager to have this butterfly completed so that she can fly freely.  Post time 2013-10-7 08:18
**Yes extending for 2 weeks means one lower wng this week one wing next week  Post time 2013-10-7 07:16
Does that mean that we only have to do one botton wing this week?!?? I´m in anyway!!  Post time 2013-10-7 06:17
I vote 1 week...that's only because I know I have the time to get them both done  Post time 2013-10-7 03:31

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-8 01:21
| Show all posts
Okay my fine stitching friends, I propose we wait and see how this week goes. Keep us posted with your progress on these bottom wings this week. If you do need the extra week next week to get caught up or to finish both bottom wings please say so. I do not want anyone feeling rushed. This is supposed to be a fun adventure for us and this will be a group decision :)

I hope you all have a great week filled with lots of stitching time! We will chat soon :loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-8 06:40
| Show all posts
I had a wing issue to so what I did instead, since I had a few too many stitches, was to start at the tip of the top bump and attach all bumps in order in a round then did one more row with decreases to have the correct amount of stitches and went from there.

I am considering ignoring the instructions and stuffing them, going to try and see how they look.

Comments

Woo I'm so excited to see how it turns out! I STILL haven't finished my last top wing...been working on everything but. I'm determined to finish it tomorrow though so we'll see how it looks eek! Lol  Post time 2013-10-8 08:36

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-9 17:43
| Show all posts
PA093400.JPG

Comments

It´s getting pretty!!  Post time 2013-10-12 05:16
She is sooo great! Yay I'm so excited to see how you finish her!  Post time 2013-10-9 18:20

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +13 Collapse Reason
cerdeirocas + 5 Lovely!
CrochetGranny + 5 Excellent work
Reptilegirl27 + 3 LOVE IT!!!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-10 01:45
| Show all posts
Great job Carton I really like it

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-12 05:18
| Show all posts
I have a botton wing and the other is on the way!!;P;P;P;P;P;P

DSC02816.jpg

Comments

I love purple! Do you share the finished project?  Details Reply Post time 2024-1-10 06:48
I like the color!  Post time 2013-10-13 22:31
I love the contrasting purples! Great idea!  Post time 2013-10-12 06:25

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +13 Collapse Reason
CrochetGranny + 5 Great work
carton + 5 The best!
Reptilegirl27 + 3 Beautiful!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-13 04:18
| Show all posts
@CrochetGranny great add! I love all those colors too! Very fun butterfly. I have a couple other picture options I'll post with the thread tomorrow night for the next part. Thanks for sharing with us :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-15 12:03
| Show all posts
Oh its cute!! So sad i find this so late. its adorable Great job everyone!

Comments

Just to let you know the next crochet along is going to be starting :)  Post time 2013-10-29 01:11
It is never too late! You can start this whenever and follow along at your leisure! Just be sure to post pictures for us to see! And if you are interested read along in the crochet along - week 7 post  Details Reply Post time 2013-10-15 17:59

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-15 17:59
| Show all posts
purpleblue replied at 2013-10-15 12:03
Oh its cute!! So sad i find this so late. its adorable Great job everyone!

It is never too late! You can start this whenever and follow along at your leisure! Just be sure to post pictures for us to see! And if you are interested read along in the crochet along - week 7 post, I will be posting a thread next week to start project 2 and this time I'm having you kiddies submit patterns to vote on!

We'd love to have you join us! It's a lot of fun with great support :)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 07:55 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.082252 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list