View: 2532|Reply: 59
Collapse the left

[Processing Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 1

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-10-29 02:09
| Show all posts |Read mode
CA P2 W1.JPG

Welcome to the Week 1 thread for the Project 2 CA!!! :D

I am so excited to be starting our second project ALREADY and I cannot wait to get started!!! I hope you guys are just as pumped up as I am!

We have quite a few newcomers joining us, I want to share a very warm and friendly welcome with you! We are so glad to have you with us! Please say hello below and share with us a little something about yourself. What types of stitching do you do? Are you self taught? How long have you been crocheting? I am very much looking forward to getting to know you and cannot wait to see your talents shine! :loveliness:

YAY! Let's get started!

First let's review how this works: every Monday I will post a new check-in thread here in the Crochet Diary. This is a place for us to touch base and keep in touch. You can review and discuss our progresses, you can post your questions or concerns here as well as upload pictures to share your work in progress. Anything related to the Crochet Along is to be posted within these weekly threads. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES IF IT IS CA REALTED! We want to keep everything open and public so everyone has a chance to reply or comment. This is a group effort, it is about ALL of us as a whole!

BASIC RULES AND GUIDELINES:
1)    Each week you will be completing the portion of the pattern listed in our Stitch Schedule
2)    Any questions, comments, pictures, etc. pertaining to that weeks progress should be posted publicly as a reply in that week's check-in thread so others have a chance to respond. This way if you are struggling or have any concerns we can all participate in helping you through it.
3)    Everyone interested in joining our Crochet Along will be responsible for downloading the pattern on their own! No handouts! No exceptions! If you want to join and do not have enough gold coins you will have to put in the work to earn enough on your own to pay for the pattern. I am sorry if this is an inconvenience, but it would not be fair to any of us or the author of the pattern. Please be honest. :)
4)    If at any time the Stitch Schedule does not fit your schedule, meaning if it is too much for that week, PLEASE DO NOT GET DISCOURAGRED! Simply leave a reply in that weeks check-in thread and we can hold a group discussion to determine whether or not we need to extend the time frame. Do not be afraid to ask! We can always make adjustments to the schedule!

So...the moment we have all been waiting for! Let me introduce to you our winner for Project 2...

Login/Register to enlarge

HAPPY 2.jpg
HAPPY 3.jpg
HAPPY 1.jpg

THE BEAUTIFUL HAPPYPOTAMUS!!!

If you are interested in seeing the outcome of the polls please CLICK HERE

Follow this link to be directed to the pattern for download: HAPPYPOTAMUS

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE

10/28/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 1

Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! READ IT THOROUGHLY! You are going to want to design and plan out your colors for each piece. Take note of any materials you may need to acquire and take this time to do so. I have posted some pictures above to help boost your creative minds :)

This is a very extensive pattern that includes some new techniques you may or may not be familiar with. All the details are included within the pattern download and I HIGHLY recommend you follow it completely. Practice these new techniques and learn the different motifs! For a successful finished project you will need to know exactly what to do and how to assemble the pieces. If you come across any concerns or questions simpily reply to this thread and we will work on it together!

**I do have a favor to ask, if any of you have already worked an African Flower Motif and you could share with us some advice or alternative tips outside from the pattern, please share with us below. I grately appreciate it in advance!

*** IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ AND COMPLETE ***
BY SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2 OF THIS WEEK, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO THE STITCH SCHEDULE REPLY/POST DIRECTLY BELOW! LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE TIME IN GATHERING THESE MATERIALS AND/OR LEARNING THESE TECHNIQUES. WE NEED TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT TO START STITCHING FOR THE PATTERN NEXT WEEK OR IF MORE TIME IS NEEDED. THIS IS A GROUP EFFORT WE DO NOT NEED TO RUSH. I WILL COMPLETE OUR STITCH SCHEDULE AS SOON AS THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CORPORATION!

11/04/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 2
Weekly check-in thread - currently up for discussion, see note above

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for added information and shares!

Let's get this party started! HAVE FUN!!! :D
I hope you all have a fabulous week and keep those hooks a flyin'!
Amanda :loveliness:

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +7 Collapse Reason
mustaangel + 1 Thank you very much!
carton + 6 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-10-30 22:28
| Show all posts
Edited by sungye at 2013-10-30 22:35

AW, thank you. he's not stuffed yet so you cant see the shape of him. He's been lying on my desk for a few weeks now, poor thing. I must finish him and I think the CAL has given me a buzz to get his head finished!!
Advice?.....dont be put off if your african flowers are wavy, stuffing will sort it out.
I prefer the join as you go, read the instructions/and pattern carefully and thoroughly. It can be fiddly though.
Remember the hippo is stuffed so you will need to crochet tight to avoid holes

Here is my hippo in progress. I used regia sock yarn and cream for rounds 4 and 5

Comments

He is great! You are doing a fantastic job!  Post time 2013-11-8 01:06
lovely!  Post time 2013-10-31 15:12
Beautiful colors it is turning out marvelously! Keep up the great work! If it helps you are more than welcome to post your progress pictures each week and keep in touch with the group :)   Post time 2013-10-30 22:49

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +4 Collapse Reason
Reptilegirl27 + 4 GREAT ADVICE AND EXCELLENT WORK!

View Rating Log

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-3-19 03:23
| Show all posts
Very nice                                      

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-8 03:17
| Show all posts
Very nice        

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-24 15:20
| Show all posts
very nice         

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-25 02:49
| Show all posts
Très jolis modèles, merci de nous les faire découvrir :loveliness: :loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-23 03:30
| Show all posts
Very nice! Beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-11 18:06
| Show all posts

Verry nice work!!! Thank you for sharing:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-8 09:39
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing, very beatiful

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-4-25 15:21
| Show all posts
Nice work! Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-7-9 22:32
| Show all posts
I love it! Bravo! It's so cute :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-18 21:46
| Show all posts
beautiful  :)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-29 02:14
| Show all posts
Edited by Reptilegirl27 at 2013-10-29 02:17

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BY SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2 TO THIS POST REGARDING YOUR CURRENT STATUS ON GATHERING MATERIALS AND PRACTICING THESE MOTIFS:

- DO YOU NEED MORE TIME FOR PRACTICE AND/OR GATHERING MATERIALS?
- ARE YOU READY TO START THE PATTERN?

Thank you sooo much for your corporation! I greatly appreciate it! :loveliness:

Comments

i am joining this project...  Details Reply Post time 2013-11-2 22:15
I have almost done step 3. Then I'll switch back to my other WIPs.  Post time 2013-11-2 15:02
I might need a couple of extra days just to get things together. I haven't crocheted in so long that I have to admit I'm nervous. :)  Post time 2013-11-2 09:41
Yes I definitely need the extra week. I have to figure out my colors and I still need more practice time...especially to gauge the size I want.  Post time 2013-11-2 09:38
I won´t be back from holiday before sunday but I think I´m ready to start then (hope my wool I have at home isn´t too thin otherwise i´ll get a baby hippo :D )  Post time 2013-11-2 09:09
I think im ready if i finish my other projekt  Post time 2013-11-2 07:17
I will try, could use the extra time to practice.  Post time 2013-11-2 03:42
I am going too make one too Don t look at me i have a lot of time.....i wait for you guy s  Post time 2013-11-1 15:59
I can already tell I'm going to need the extra week to plan and practice....I might pick up some new colors for this but not sure just yet. I can always catch up though so you guys tell me :)  Post time 2013-10-30 18:27
It would be helpful once everyone has responded to post a list of names on this thread so we know who is hoping to be involved. Latecomers are always welcome  Post time 2013-10-30 01:08

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-29 02:54
| Show all posts
so pleased this is the winner.  thank you

Comments

I voted for the giraffe but am very happy either way! I so badly wanted to learn and work one one of these designs! They are so beautiful!  Post time 2013-10-29 03:53

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
Reptilegirl27 + 2 Welcome to the CA!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-29 03:02
| Show all posts
I wish u all a lot of fun making the happypotamus. I don't do the Cal with you because I made him already.
I show u a picture wen you at the end of the Cal.

Comments

Awe I'm so sorry to hear this! But please post your picture to this thread if you'd like! Show off your work girly! If you have any tips or advice I'd greatly appreciate the share also!  Post time 2013-10-29 03:55

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-29 03:16
| Show all posts
Waw!!! Is a huge and lovely project!!:)
I do not know if I can get the job done!, But since I downloaded! now let´s see if I can handle it!:o;P:o;P

Comments

I thought the same thing but we will learn together! We have each other for support and we can DO IT!!!  Post time 2013-10-29 03:56

Rate

Reptilegirl27 + 2 Welcome back we can do this!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-29 03:43
| Show all posts
I dont Crochet :(  I cross stitch.  But I am your CA Stalker!  I LOVE watching every week and seeing all the beautiful pieces you all make :)  Good wishes to all of you and enjoy your CA project :)

Comments

:)  Post time 2013-10-29 05:10
You are sooo a part of the CA team girl! Stalker no! You are a special guest! ....unless you like the thrill of being a stalker LOL! <3  Post time 2013-10-29 03:58

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-29 03:56
| Show all posts
very nice :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-29 04:24
| Show all posts
Love the hippo .....

Comments

Me too I'm so excited to start! A little nervous with all these new techniques but I love to learn so bring it on! Hahaa!  Post time 2013-10-29 04:28

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-29 04:59
| Show all posts
Edited by klodsen at 2013-10-29 05:41

I will make one more and it will be my last hippo havemade 1 of them so this time ill make a small one

Comments

Reptile dont think you will have any problems with it  Post time 2013-11-2 07:14
Yay! So excited! If you can offer any advice for all us newbies I'd greatly appreciate it! :)  Post time 2013-10-29 05:56

Rate

Reptilegirl27 + 2 Welcome to the CA!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-29 05:52
| Show all posts
Oooh love the Giraffe and Hippo♥  Hippos are nasty buggers they suffer with pmt constantly :-(.

Due to pressure of work, cleaning house, Christmas Parties (yep, they have started), two knitting / crochet groups I belong to in real time, visitors popping down to enjoy some time at the seaside, where I live and a host of things in between - I find that I will have to give this one a miss.  Good luck to you all♥

Comments

Well in that case....I have apples for the two greatest... ummm overseers ever! LOL  Post time 2013-11-8 20:36
Hey medillon :-) We will heckle and stalk them and make sure that they hand in their home work on time! You listening, kids?  Post time 2013-11-8 03:16
Sorry you are not joining this one :( I loved your flutterfly! But you stalk them with me :) I just love checking out all the new updates :) I check back here about one a week :)  Post time 2013-11-8 01:01
Naw...I enjoy being stalked! I'll just look the other way if I spot you hahaa! :D  Post time 2013-10-29 07:59
Me sad too *sob*. I am good at stalking...lol. Would be happy to join up with miss medillon so long as you don't call us boogers *grin*  Post time 2013-10-29 06:04
Awe I am sad to hear this! However you better join miss medillon in stalking the CA! It just wouldn't be the same without ya! ;)  Post time 2013-10-29 05:58

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 21:56 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.209674 sec., 38 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list