Register
Search
View: 2754|Reply: 36
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Floss storage?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-11-4 04:25
| Show all posts |Read mode
How do you guys store your floss?  I used to use the little cardboard cards, but I've recently found a better way.  I work in a jewelry store and when we get new necklaces, they come in long, thin ziploc bags that are just the right size for DMC floss bundles.  Any better suggestions?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-7-24 22:04
| Show all posts
I also have mine on bobbins and in a plastic organizer. I've written the numbers on the bobbins though there are also stickers you can buy to put on them - I've read they tend to fall off so I'll stick with Sharpie. My grandmother made a suggestion to me the other day which I've started doing since I'm about to have multiple projects going on. I have a gallon ziploc bag that I have my chart, floss for that project and project itself in so everything is right there together. Of course you can't very well put larger pieces in the bag, but it works well for what I'm working on right now and I have it in a wooden crate next to the couch where I stitch.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-19 05:35
| Show all posts
I’ve started putting mine on bobbins (plastic ones) as I was doing each project but wondering if there’s a better way, also thinking of storing them by number rather than colour which I didn’t think I would do until I started looking for certain colours

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-13 00:55
| Show all posts
I really need to sort out my threads! I’ve got them in bags, boxes and bobbins. Really not sure where to start

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-21 10:39
| Show all posts
I keep mine in mini tubs - 15 colours of thread per tub

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-12 05:16
| Show all posts
Gracias por la informacion

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-6 02:00
| Show all posts
Siguiendo este hilo

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-25 02:34
| Show all posts
Do the same thing!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-10 17:45
| Show all posts
Do the same thing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:54
| Show all posts
Thank you so much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-4 04:39
| Show all posts
I prefer the ease of storing my threads on cardboard or plastic bobbins and in plastic cases. I keep excess thread (multiples) in plastic bags and store them in metal tins. I'd love to have a wooden cabinet, but the plastic cases are portable and keep everything clean and divided.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-4 08:25
| Show all posts
I have floss both ways on the cards in the plastic containers is how I did it for years but I just recently bought a ton of floss 450 skeins and I have them in plastic bags on metal rings and finding it is very easy.  Now every time I do a pattern I take the colors I need and put them on a metal ring so I have all the colors together and just have to take those with me instead of dragging all the plastic boxes.... I have five boxes and it just got to be too cumbersome.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-4 22:22
| Show all posts
I use small plastic zip-lock bags, one for each colour.  I store the bags in binders, using the plastic sheets you can buy for baseball cards.  I got this idea from someone on this forum, and really love it.  When I start a project, I just haul out the binders, pull out the bags I need and presto!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-5 23:57
| Show all posts
very nice. Thanks a lot

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-9 23:27
| Show all posts
Que buenas ideas, yo solo uso los plasticos y en un aro de metal pongo los que estoy usando en el trabajo, me ha resultado bien.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-18 02:05
| Show all posts
I've used more methods than I can remember over the past 30+ years of stitching.  I didn't like the kinks in the floos from using bobbins.  I now use floss bags and store then in order in a library card catalogue cabinet.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-28 14:31
| Show all posts
For the first of the colour I have I store them on plastic bobbins in the plastic storage container. For the extras, I keep them in floss bags organized by number.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-30 04:00
| Show all posts
I use card bobbins too, and store in the divided boxes from the craft store.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-30 04:48
| Show all posts
I hate those little cardboard cards.  I did however find some plastic cards that work the same way at Joann's craft store.  Way better than cardboard.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 03:55 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062694 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list