Register
Search
Author: srmcguirk
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Floss storage?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-12-30 04:49
| Show all posts
I hate those little cardboard cards.  I did however find some plastic cards that work the same way at Joann's craft store.  Way better than cardboard.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-30 04:50
| Show all posts
I hate those little cardboard cards.  I did however find some plastic cards that work the same way at Joann's craft store.  Way better than cardboard.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-30 04:51
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-30 04:51
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-31 06:28
| Show all posts
Los hilos los tengo en bobinas de plástico.

Mi colección estpa guardada en varias cajas de herramientas que se pueden apilar, así que da la sensación de ser un mueble grande (las divisiones se pueden poner o sacar según se requiera).

Los hilos que estoy ocupando en el momento los tengo en una caja plástica de DMC.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-31 23:00
| Show all posts
I used to use the cardboard bobbins but when I found the plastic ones I was in love!  I put all my floss on the bobbins and keep them in the plastic containers.  When I have a project on the go I just use a smaller container (or a bigger one when I have a spare!) and take out the colors that I need for that one.  I have 4 containers of floss and it grows each time I go to the craft store - thankfully that isn't often!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-3 00:19
| Show all posts
I found that using any type of bobbin created creases in the thread. I use plastic bags thata I then thread onto a large ring adn sort the threads by their numbers.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-3 02:08
| Show all posts
Edited by sungye at 2014-1-2 18:10

the cardboard bobbins do crease the thread but since I started using "Thread Heaven" it straightens out the thread and makes it much easier to use. I just started cross stitching and Im in love with it but did find I suffered 3 days of tension headaches from it though. :(
I store mine in a box and I love re arranging them, so colourful lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-6 07:24
| Show all posts
Another one who switched from cardboard to plastic bobbins.  Will have to look out for Thread Heaven, sounds perfect!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-12 07:28
| Show all posts
I have original stitchbows from DMC and Stitchbow Plastic Storage Wallets. These transparent plastic wallets are designed to hold loaded stitchbows and they can be inserted into any standard sized ring binders. Each wallet contains enough pouches to hold 15 stitchbows. I have three normal ring binders (no DMC). For me it is only solution.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 22:37 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055892 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list