Hot search: HAE Baby Xsd car xsd doll Russi
View: 1235|Reply: 47
Collapse the left

[Finished Crafts] tent stitch riolis 1014

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-12-27 08:39
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by misty60820 at 2013-12-27 09:29

i have read on here that some women need examples of tented designs. I have over 20 tented designs I am willing to share with the group. I would have more but I work on many other things besides cross stitch. The lighting sucks on the picture here major time because I used a camera that kind of sucks. I am waiting for the batteries to come in the mail for my better camera and may update this pic. I could play around with this image in paintshop but my computer is running slow over a really big download lol. And you can see some slight orange discoloration and that is because she did not get washed yet. So here is the series of my tent designs. more to come..... :)

Oh I forgot to add that her eyelashes are backstitched. even that was a pain lol. but tenting goes very fast because you only cross 1 leg to tent instead of 2 when cross stitching. I do use more floss but I would rather spend more money on floss than spend 2 years doing a chart. This design took me about 7 days and I spent about maybe an hour on it each day, not even that. I will keep tab of how long it takes to do them from now on but it goes pretty fast. And you can stock up on floss when joann's has a sale. For those that are afraid to tent, grab a small chart like this and see if you like it.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

Number of participants 8Gold Coins +15 Collapse Reason
Puppy + 3 The best!
ACG + 2 Very nice!
noone + 2 Lovely!
Reptilegirl27 + 2 Beautiful!
cerdeirocas + 2 Very nice!
bonma + 1 very nice
Blythe + 2 Very nice!
waterlillie + 1 Very nice!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2023-6-3 00:08
| Show all posts
very nice               
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-15 05:44
| Show all posts
Es genial,muy lindo.buena aportación. Muchas gracias por compartir

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-10-16 11:16
| Show all posts
Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-1-14 14:16
| Show all posts
Thank you for showing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-28 22:17
| Show all posts
Very nice beautiful

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-12 07:43
| Show all posts
Beautiful picture

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-12 03:55
| Show all posts
beautiful work

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-10 19:43
| Show all posts
Wonderful work!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-8-8 14:22
| Show all posts

Lovely work!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-13 22:15
| Show all posts
Bellissimo!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-27 09:15
| Show all posts
Wonderful finish!  She's lovely!
I think tent is as good as cross stitch.  I've done quite a few needlepoint pieces over the years and found if you use the right materials for the right fabric it looks just as good as cross stitch if not better.

Comments

Thanks!! tenting is a lot of fun. Stuff gets done way faster. I am now using aida 14 and will be playing around with background myself... never going back to cross stitch lol.  Post time 2013-12-27 09:26

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-27 09:42
| Show all posts
When I look up tent stitch, I get several definitions. Are you doing half cross stitch, or the continental stitch. There's also a basketweave stitch, which they said is the best for needlepoint. I assume you use more threads than you would for cross stitch, so it covers better.

Comments

Thanks for the explanation.  Post time 2013-12-27 11:36
once i took the leap, the universe gave me floss at very cheap price. so i guess i did the right thing. a lot of comments. i should have replied and got in trouble lol.  Post time 2013-12-27 10:14
how we perform our stitches. too much work for me!! too many rules. i run into people that give me floss, too many sales and my local thrift store... i have gotten floss as low as 5 cents there. So..  Post time 2013-12-27 10:13
in the same direction. But stitching does go faster for me. But yes, it is half stitch but the cross stitch police want us to call it either continental or petite point. And they want us to know....  Post time 2013-12-27 10:12
told me to use aida which makes it easier to see or to not stitch as much. so my compromise was tenting on counts of aida 14. My eyes have thanked me. If you see my pic, the stitches all have to lay..  Post time 2013-12-27 10:11
There are women that can tent using 2 strands but you would need to work on 18 count and higher. I use 4-6 because I use 14 and 16 count aida. It is easier on my eyes and I wear contacts. my doctor...  Post time 2013-12-27 10:09
of keeping track of what direction i go in, i try using 4-6 strands of floss. black usually is when i need 6. And you may need to change the size of your needles since you do use a lot of floss...  Post time 2013-12-27 10:08
going in. as we all know with cross stitch, isolation is everywhere in a chart. now a person can try to follow the rules of continental but doing it with confetti is a pain in the rear. so instead...  Post time 2013-12-27 10:07
like i was going through tons of floss and backed off. I felt like i was wasting so much floss. But to get good coverage, continental does work but you have to be aware of what direction you are....  Post time 2013-12-27 10:06
none of your fabric is shown. I could do it like that but I don't like keeping track of which direction I need to go in so I use 4 strands of floss, 6 if I have to. At firs when I tented, I felt...  Post time 2013-12-27 10:05
I worry more about coverage than anything. When stitching, you should not see any of your fabric. So coverage is key when tenting. Continental stitch defines how a person should stitch so that...  Post time 2013-12-27 10:03
When I started doing tenting, I also got confused because I wanted to know if I was doing it correctly. The cross stitch police, the ones that insist the rules be followed, will call it continental...  Post time 2013-12-27 10:02

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-27 11:06
| Show all posts
I've done both tent and continental.   For lesser coverage I use tent if I want a fuller cover of my fabric I use continental.   HAED also recommends the 1/2 cross for a lighter coverage, but you can "up" the amount of floss or lessen it to what you prefer.  Test pieces are a good idea before starting large complex pieces.  I agree that confetti is a pain to do especially since many of HAED designs have large amounts of it and it doesn't matter what stitch you are doing the backside is never going to be neat because of the colour changes.
I've never tried the basket weave, have seen it done, but never attempted it.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-27 15:26
| Show all posts
very nice :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-27 15:45
| Show all posts
very pretty :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-27 16:12
| Show all posts
Very nice !:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-27 17:12
| Show all posts
Very nice.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-27 18:27
| Show all posts
Красиво! :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-27 19:03
| Show all posts
Very nice thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-16 20:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.225762 sec., 24 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list