| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 1441|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] How to grid faster? Need tips..

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-1-5 12:35
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have been gridding for a project and OMG it is taking so long. I have been gridding for a whole day now, and I still haven't finished the fabric yet - it is 16" x 20" .. I am using a contrasting color to grid and putting lines in at every 20 threads since I am stitching over 2.  I don't like to use a pencil to grid, but really there must be a faster way!

Does anyone have any tips on how to make this go faster?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-2-8 21:58
| Show all posts
I gridded my fabric with washable pens by 10's or just following the stitch count on the pattern so I will not make a mistake. I will just based my marks on what the grid in the pattern.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:50
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-5 13:06
| Show all posts
DMC makes a pen and pencil just for this.  It works great.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-5 14:20
| Show all posts
When I grid, I grid by sheet.   I don't do the whole cloth, yes I will mark the centre, but if I'm working from left to right I do the top, sides and bottom lines of the sheets, if I am "out" on a part, then I will grid to see where I went wrong.    So if I have 3 sheets across the top, I grid those, when I am finished them I grid the next 3 pages down and so on.  
I am too impatient to grid the whole darned thing.
I did read in a post from an embroiderer that stated some of the marking pens will have marks that turn yellow over time.    I use fishing line then remove it.   I don't trust the pens and some pencil won't come out, I'm not going to do a major project then have it get ruined over time because I didn't know if the pen ink would leave traces or not.  

Comments

Does fishing line come in colors that can be seen on white?  Details Reply Post time 2014-2-12 06:29

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-5 14:38
| Show all posts
There is alos gridded fabric out there as well. If your doing something that the fabric color is no worry I'l look into that then.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-5 15:38
| Show all posts
I grid my fabric with Pilot Frixion all the time. The ink will disappear when you heat it with a clothes iron. The ink will only re-appear if you pop your fabric in the freezer. I've been using these pens in 2 years and they're great and fast to use and erase.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-5 16:10
| Show all posts
I use a blue quilter's pen - washes out in water, and fades slowly otherwise.
I've been curious about the Frixion pens though, i'll be trying it in my next 'for me' piece just in case. ;)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-16 22:16
| Show all posts
I had gridded a piece of fabric for a large project a few months ago.  I didn't like the way it was turning out on 14 ct so I decided to redo it on a smaller count.  Since the fabric was already gridded, I decided to re-purpose it for another large project which should be fine on 14ct white.  
Anyway, I realized where I started stitching was off so I washed the fabric to take the grid lines off of it and I SWEAR that I can still see them even tho everyone else says they don't see anything.  Am I just imagining things?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-2-2 21:52
| Show all posts
I only grid really large pieces and with an 50 x 50 grid.
The long stitches are 5 hole long, but I do full lines 50 hole distance from each other.
Works for me.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-2-12 06:29
| Show all posts
LouAnna 2014-1-5 14:20
When I grid, I grid by sheet.   I don't do the whole cloth, yes I will mark the centre, but if I'm w ...

Does fishing line come in colors that can be seen on white?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-2-12 07:31
| Show all posts
i will try fishing line. it's kinda blue-ish

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 18:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072681 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list