Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 833|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

[Processing Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 19

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-3-4 01:51
| Show all posts |Read mode

Hello all! How is everyone doing today? :)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready for the new week ahead! I have been so busy working on so many different projects, but I somehow managed to get a week ahead??? No clue how that happened ;P

I am sooo excited and cannot WAIT to see this project finished and to share everyone's completed hippo's! It is going to be so much fun seeing them all together for the first time! They can run around and dance and play all day! So get ready...we only have 4 weeks left before the final showing :D

For your reference, below are the links to all the previous posts for this project:
Crochet Along - Project 2: Idea Submissions
Crochet Along - Project 2: Vote
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 1
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 2
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 3
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 4
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 5
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 6
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 7
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 8
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 9
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 10
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 11
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 12
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 13
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 14
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 15
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 16
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 17
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 18

QUICK REMINDERS:
- If your motifs are wavey or uneven this will fill out when you stuff your Hippo (W1, Pg 3, Fl 21)
- If using dark or brightly colored yarn and you are concerned with the stuffing showing; you can use colored pantyhose/stockings to fill with stuffing first and THEN stuff your Hippo with the stuffed stockings! (W2, Pg 2, Fl 12) ***Weblink for more tips/tricks see W1, Pg 4, Fl 36***
- You can use the invisible join technique for changing colors, see W2, Pg 3, Fl 20, 23

Previous Post Highlightes:

WEEK 1:  Pg 2 (Fl 11, 12) Discussion about using different hooks and yarn sizes
WEEK 4:  Pg 1 (Fl 4, 5, 6) Discussion and advice on using safety eyes with this project
WEEK 7:  Pg 2 (Fl 12) Great technique for joining colors / new rounds without a slip stitch
WEEK 11: Group progress check point

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE  **UPDATED**
**I do have a favor to ask, if any of you have already worked an African Flower Motif and you could share with us some advice or alternative tips outside from the pattern, please share with us below. I grately appreciate it in advance!

10/28/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 1
Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! READ IT THOROUGHLY! You are going to want to design and plan out your colors for each piece. Take note of any materials you may need to acquire and take this time to do so. I have posted some pictures above to help boost your creative minds :)

This is a very extensive pattern that includes some new techniques you may or may not be familiar with. All the details are included within the pattern download and I HIGHLY recommend you follow it completely. Practice these new techniques and learn the different motifs! For a successful finished project you will need to know exactly what to do and how to assemble the pieces. If you come across any concerns or questions simpily reply to this thread and we will work on it together!

11/04/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 2
Weekly check-in thread -
continue practicing your motifs and techniques from the Week 1. Gather your materials and plan out your project. Decide which joining method you prefer and how you want to proceed. It seems like many of us are using the join-as-you-go method, this is not mandatory, you can choose to make all of the pieces first and join them at the end.  Your preference! Please take note that I will be following the pattern for the stitch schedule and the pattern is based on the join-as-you-go method. Again this is all up to you and what you are most comfortable with.

NOTE: The designer has chosen to start the motifs with Ch 5 and slip stitch to form a ring. If you prefer, as I do, you can substitute the Ch 5 for a magic circle. If you do not know how to work the magic circle, YouTube has some wonderful tutorials! I find that it makes it easier when using the magic circle and it gives you the ability to adjust the tightness of the inner circle simply by pulling on a piece of yarn! Look it up and judge for yourself! **Please note, this only stands as a reference, you do not need to use the magic circle

11/11/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 3
STEP 1 - HIND LEGS - Make (2) hexagons and (2) pentagons and join per instruction, Weekly check-in thread

11/18/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 4
STEP 2 - BUM OCTAGON - Make (1) large octagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

11/25/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 5
STEP 3 (1 of 2) - BUM PENTAGONS - Make (2 of 4) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/02/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 6
STEP 3 (2 of 2) -  BUM PENTAGONS - Make (last 2 of 4) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/09/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 7
STEP 4 (1 of 3 - LEFT SIDE OF BUM) - Make (1) hexagon and (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/16/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 8
STEP 4 (2 of 3 - RIGHT SIDE OF BUM) - Make (1) hexagon and (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/23/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 9
STEP 4 (3 of 3 - TOP OF BUM) - Make (1) hexagon and join. ROUND 2 COMPLETE! Weekly check-in thread

12/30/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 10
STEP 5  - BELLY OCTAGON - Make (1) octagon and join, Weekly check-in thread
***ALMOST HALF WAY THERE***

01/06/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 11
STEP 6 - ROUND 3 HEXAGONS - Make (2) hexagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

01/13/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 12
STEP 7 - ROUND 3 HEPTAGONS - Make (2) heptagons and join, Weekly check-in thread     

*** HALF WAY DONE ***  {:3_59:} {:3_48:}

01/20/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 13
STEP 8 - FRONT LEGS - Make (3) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

01/27/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 14
STEP 9 (1 of 2) - ROUND 4 MOTIFS - Make (2) hexagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/03/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 15
STEP 9 (2 of 2) - ROUND 4 MOTIFS - Make (3) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/10/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 16
NECK (1 of 2) - TOP OF NECK AND (1) SIDE - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/17/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 17
NECK (2 of 2) - (1) SIDE AND LAST OF NECK - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/24/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 18
HEAD - EYE MOTIFS - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/03/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 19
HEAD - CHEEK MOTIFS - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/10/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 20
HEAD - UNDER MOUTH AND TOP OF NOSE - Make (1) hexagon and (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/17/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 21
HEAD - NOSE PATCHES - Make (2) "nose patches" and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/24/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 22
HEAD - NOSE END AND EARS - Make (1) pentagon and (2) "modified hexagons" per instruction and join, add eyes to your liking, then stuff the Happypotamus!!! Weekly check-in thread
***Please post a picture of your finished hippo this week as soon as possible so I can get them together for the final project showing***

03/31/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 23
Final check-in and show case of project 2 hippos!
PLUS...A SPECIAL PRIZE ANNOUNCMENT!!! YAHOO!!!

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for added information and shares!

Have a super fabulous, stitchy week!!!
Amanda :loveliness:

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2014-3-4 02:30
| Show all posts
Here he is with partial stuffing and eye motifs attached:

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Comments

....awe sorry I can't give you a rating :(  Post time 2014-3-7 10:52
Oh my gosh he is fabulous! Yay I'm so excited to see these cuties finished! We are sooo close! I just finished the lower jaw motif!!!  Post time 2014-3-7 10:52
I'm using crochet thread.  Post time 2014-3-4 03:03
That is so cute!! Is that made with yarn?  Post time 2014-3-4 02:48

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +10 Collapse Reason
badupiano + 10 Very nice!

View Rating Log

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-10-29 13:13
| Show all posts
Very nice !!
Thank you for sharing ::: (◕ ‿ ◕ )✿

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-22 05:08
| Show all posts
Very nice! Beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-20 02:46
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Nice work, well done •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-10-11 21:49
| Show all posts
Beautiful!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-7-24 21:40
| Show all posts
Very nice :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-11-18 17:18
| Show all posts
veryverynice

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 01:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.184222 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list