Forgot password?
 Register
View: 855|Reply: 8
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Cross stitching - Stamped Quilts

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-5-29 05:22
| Show all posts |Read mode
I was thinking about making a quilt for my friend's baby but I'm not sure how the stamped quilts really look or do i really know how to do them if I had a pattern to follow.  My question is, is it still cross stitched with Xs? or more like embroidery?

Also, if anyone has some pictures that can show me that would be excellent so at least I have an idea ;D.  Thanks in advance!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2014-5-29 09:07
| Show all posts
I don't know if they have changed since I did some, but ones I have seen are more like embroidery. There are some that mainly have the x's on them and some that don't. I have done some pillow cases before and even though it was less like real cross stitch on aida, it was fun, simple, and just covering the stamping with your threads. Hope this helps a little.

Comments

i've seen quite a lot that were embroidery too, its just that when i think " cross stitch" my first thought would be XXXX and not just regular embroidery. thanks though  Details Reply Post time 2014-5-30 09:21
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-5-29 14:15
| Show all posts
We have a section called Patchwork,
here you can see finished results
most of them are embroidewry

Comments

ohh okay.. thanks, i'll check it out!  Details Reply Post time 2014-5-30 09:20

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-5-30 09:20
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
Bleu

2014-5-29 01:15

We have a section called Patchwork,
here you can see finished results
most of them are embroidewry

ohh okay.. thanks, i'll check it out!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-5-30 09:21
| Show all posts

evenflo09

2014-5-28 20:07

I don't know if they have changed since I did some, but ones I have seen are more like embroidery. T ...

i've seen quite a lot that were embroidery too, its just that when i think " cross stitch" my first thought would be XXXX and not just regular embroidery.  thanks though :D

Comments

ohhh okay. i never done embroidery before and honestly don't think i'm skilled enough do well with it which is why i was praying that the one i ordered were XXXs but I'll have to wait and see when it  Details Reply Post time 2014-5-31 04:49
UR welcome. Some do have the xxx's on them, but usually there is embroidery too. It's a mix usually. They are simple and fun though. I liked doing my mom a set of pillow cases. ;-)  Post time 2014-5-30 09:30

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-5-31 04:49
| Show all posts
ohhh okay.  i never done embroidery before and honestly don't think i'm skilled enough do well with it which is why i was praying that the one i ordered were XXXs but I'll have to wait and see when it gets there.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-2 07:22
| Show all posts
Precioso!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 02:58
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 23:43
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 11:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054581 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list