| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 1286|Reply: 11
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] How do you mark your cross stitch progress??

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-1-3 04:59
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everyone, first of all, I'd like to wish everyone in this forum a Wonderful New Year, full with new projects and with the satisfaction of fulfill them all!.
Now, going to the subject I'm posting, I am interested to know from you how do you keep track of the stitches, specially when doing big projects.
I use to print a copy off the pattern, and mark with pencils of different colors the stitches I am completing to avoid confusion, but sometimes it is a little annoying to leave the needle to grab the pencil, and mark on the paper, and go back to the stitching. It is better if the pattern is fixed to a hard surface, such as cardboard, but as I keep my unfinished work in a box that is not big enough so the patern mus be folded. Lately I've been tryin using my tablet for viewing the pattern while stitching, is very useful because it is not necessary to cut the pattern in pieces. But I cannot mark the stitches I've completed, and I don't know if there is a software that offers such special feature.

So if if you could give more suggestions on how you manage this issue, it could be very helpful for many of us, either if it is paper or software based.

Thanks and again have a Happy New Year, full of Happy Stitches!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-2-8 06:22
| Show all posts
As I get more experience I find I don't mark off what I've done.  I've gotten better at "reading" my stitching
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-5 05:07
| Show all posts
Solo marco los trabajos grandes y voy tachando en el papel según hago.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 02:04
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-4 02:56
| Show all posts
Siguiendo este hilo

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-3 08:27
| Show all posts
Can you use a stylus with your tablet? Another poster made this thread about how she uses her tablet not long ago: http://www.pindiy.com/thread-159606-1-1.html

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-1-3 22:21
| Show all posts

RE: How do you mark your cross stitch progress??

Thanks DailyStitcher, I didn't notice that thread was about the same topic, it anwsered my question, I already installed the software and my Tablet is now my perfect device for working with my patterns, have a nice day.:D

Comments

You're welcome! Happy stitching.  Details Reply Post time 2015-1-4 03:49

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-4 03:49
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
chokocat

Login/Register to enlarge
2015-1-3 22:21

Thanks DailyStitcher, I didn't notice that thread was about the same topic, it anwsered my question, ...

You're welcome! Happy stitching.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-6 05:38
| Show all posts
Very nice thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-15 03:15
| Show all posts
I don't mark my progress at all, I just go by how much is filled in on the piece.  Am I the only one? :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-15 08:29
| Show all posts
I do the same thing, but maybe I'm just a newbie. I don't have that much time to cross stitch though.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-15 16:12
| Show all posts
I also do not mark my progress... I've tried highlighting the already made stitches, but it got confusing... I just count, and count, and double count a lot.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 09:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074257 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list