Forgot password?
 Register
View: 849|Reply: 11
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Petite Stitch

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-1-11 06:41
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have just downloaded Mermaid of Atlantis by Mirabilia, and noticed that it requires petite stitching on the face, can this be done on aida? I have never worked with linen or evenweave, is it difficult to stitch on?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-3-22 18:10
| Show all posts
Linen or evenwave works magic.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:45
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 03:18
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-11 07:09
| Show all posts
I prefer linen to aida.   The smaller stitches are much easier to do on the linen but there is more counting on the linen.
I find the linen also has a softer feel to it over aida.  When I first switched over to linen I bought even weave to practice on as the title of the fabric states the weave is even, not like linen where you can have thicker and thinner threads running throughout.  
Just make sure you buy a good quality linen.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-1-11 17:00
| Show all posts
I think I might go for an evenweave because then I can do the petite stitching easily and it's even. I have seen some hand dyed stuff that I like but I have to wait till pay day to buy it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-11 20:17
| Show all posts
I tried stitching petite on Aida, but it's no good. Better find a nice linen or evenweave :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-15 17:02
| Show all posts
I would do it on Linen, it's easier than it looks and its the perfect fabric for this.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-1-15 20:30
| Show all posts
It's my birthday on Thursday and I have been given £50 to spend on stitchy stuff so going to buy some evenweave linen to have a go on!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-16 07:42
| Show all posts
El lino es lo mejor para estos trabajos

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-16 15:33
| Show all posts
it is possible on Aida, but only if you have a higher count, for example 18, and make full stitches over two threads, and petite stitches over one. But it's not worth it. Linen and evenweave are best for petite stitches.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-2-15 04:34
| Show all posts
I'd agree with everyone here. No you can't do petite stitches and make it look even enough on aida. Not for the face of a piece. Usually with Mirabilia there's a petite over one option and an over 2 option (Aida option) as well.

I did lots of quarter stitches on 16ct  Aida once, following a Teresa Wentzler design that came as a kit with black aida. She seems to love quarter stitches. I only did a quarter stitch in one direction to the middle of the block. I didn't come back and cross my stitch, that just seemed to look too messy. But' that's as far as I'd go with partial stitches and Aida. After that I switched to linen, and I've never gone back to Aida.

I hope you had a lovely Birthday, and bought some pretty stitching stuff with your birthday money!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 00:34 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.053506 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list