Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 4489|Reply: 55
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Tip for patterns with a lot of symbols

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-1-12 16:20
| Show all posts |Read mode
I found that finding symbols on the color chart when dealing with a lot of different symbols/colors is very time consuming.  First thing I do before starting to stitch these patterns is to print out the color/symbol chart on an 8 1/2 by 11 shipping label.  Then I cut out every symbol/color individually and try and group them together.  For example....all square shapes together, all types of circles together, arrows, letters, numbers etc.  I then take these cut out strips and  paste them on another piece of paper with the symbols grouped together.  I also go one step further and laminate the sheet.  After all that work I want to protect it.

This works great for me and cuts down on time spent searching for the symbols on the color chart.

Does any one else have any tips for dealing with these large patterns?  I would love to hear your ideas!.

Thanks

Jillyann

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +17 Collapse Reason
MissPriss + 3 Usefull
manja + 6 Very nice!
stitcherex + 4 Brilliant one ! Thanks for sharing this.
bs.frog + 4 Very Clever!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-3-30 07:19
| Show all posts
thats a great idea, i also will mark the symbol on my floss bobbin or baggie (depending on what i am using for the project) so i don't always have to refer back to my colour chart when I need to change colours or get new floss. i usually do big projects so will use a skien of floss easily so don't have any issues with marking my bobbins with the symbol
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-3-29 22:48
| Show all posts
Очень умная идея :) Я абсолютно ненавижу, когда на графике используется слишком много очень похожих символов, стоящих рядом друг с другом.  Со всеми вариантами символов они должны ставить S рядом с 3, из-за чего так сложно взглянуть на вашу диаграмму и просто продолжать сшивать ... или 3 рядом с обратной 3. Спасибо за отличную идею!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-10-11 07:53
| Show all posts
I print out the symbols from the colour chart and cut them into individual squares. I tape the squares onto little baggies and put my bobbin inside. The baggies are then organized by colour (browns, blues, greens, etc) so I know that if I’m working on an area with lots of blues, I know what section in my organizer to go to.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-5 12:39
| Show all posts
this is all really good information. Thank you so much for all your advice. I'm new to big projects and got myself in a complete and utter disaster with how to go about this.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-6 22:17
| Show all posts
How do you handle symbols on a black/white chart?  Do you also group these by color families going by the list of thread colors?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-6-21 04:23
| Show all posts
Спасибо большое, мне понадобится ваш совет. Я обязательно им воспользуюсь.  Удачи вам и лёгких крестиков.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-4 01:08
| Show all posts
        Brilliant one ! Thanks for sharing this.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-22 18:06
| Show all posts
Interesting approach. Isn't it a bit time consuming?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-7-20 04:22
| Show all posts
        Thank you very much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-4-18 02:23
| Show all posts
Great idea, I thought about to do the same

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-12 19:45
| Show all posts
I repaint it and highlight each symbol one by one while stitching

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-12 20:24
| Show all posts
Very clever idea :) I absolutely hate when a chart uses too many very similar symbols right next to each other in a chart. With all the symbol choices must they put an S right next to a 3, makes it so hard to glace at your chart and just keep stitching.. or 3 next to the backwards 3. Thank you for the great idea!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-1-13 00:44
| Show all posts
Hi gmwl13. I am actually talking about the page that shows the list of floss colors corresponding to each symbol not the actual chart for the pattern. But i use a highlighter on the chart as well.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-1-13 00:45
| Show all posts
Thanks bs.frog.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-13 01:11
| Show all posts
I use a piece of cardboard with symbols on it and put my needles and pieces of floss under right symbol. Works for me. But your way is a great one too :)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-1-13 01:14
| Show all posts
Thats a great idea too!   Thank you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-13 01:50
| Show all posts
Edited by anniekins at 2015-1-21 22:01

Хорошая идея! Спасибо!

Good idea! Thank you!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-1-13 02:26
| Show all posts
Your welcome Irka!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-13 04:15
| Show all posts
jillyann, I know you talk about reorganize the chart symbols. But if you repaint it, you do not need to do that. you select a symbol in the software, and all that symbol throughout the whole chart pop out with the thread number noted at the foot, so all you need to do is to select that color and stitch them all. you do not need to look for it among the symbol list at all.

Comments

I've heard that neu.annotate app does this from pdf's on ipads and other tablets. What software/hardware do you use, and do you use a tablet pen to swipe the square once you've stitched it?  Post time 2015-2-15 04:37

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +7 Collapse Reason
rteixeira63 + 7 Great advise!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 10:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.060915 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list