| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: dmcjms
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Any tips to help ease back and neck strain while stitching?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-3-23 22:04
| Show all posts
Pillows, make sure you don't have to move your head to much between pattern and work. And take regular breaks. If it hurts when you take your break you're already too late.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-24 19:01
| Show all posts
Try also putting a pillow under your arm. I had a shoulder injury, fortunately to my left and I'm right handed, but it did make holding the hoop difficult for long. By placing a pillow to support and control the angle and height, it eased a great deal of pain.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-23 07:19
| Show all posts
pillow in my back and a pillow under my stitching arm - helps a lot, and I do a lot of breaks!

Hinzufügen von Inhalten (2017-4-7 20:05):
update: still the same, but zry to pause every hour for a couple of minutes or even take a day off, that helps a lot

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-25 18:46
| Show all posts
Besides all the excellent advice already given, I like to put my feet up in some way; on a stool or a low table with a pillow for comfort and change positions as often as I can. I find that even slight changes of how I position my legs change how I stress my neck and back, and will help keep me from over-straining one area too much. Also, I watch TV while I stitch, making it easy to take plenty of small frequent pauses and not mind the all the ad breaks!

Comments

I am the same way, keep a tv on or put on a music CD that you enjoy and it makes me take a break cause I end up singing with the music.  Post time 2017-11-1 21:53

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-27 09:31
| Show all posts
Спасибо

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-8 06:59
| Show all posts
Take breaks and stretch.  If you're in pain, listen to your body and stop for the day.  Don't push through the pain, you will feel worse the next day

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-21 20:32
| Show all posts
I've started doing yoga 2-3 times a week - there are some videos on stretching the upperback/neck specifically.  It seems to help!  I'm on a computer all day and I stitch after work so it's a lot of tension some days.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-29 06:06
| Show all posts
Hi y'all!
I had the same problem with cross stitching and knitting + just like xstitchvader many hours behind a computer: you develop a "Forward Head posture".
My fysiotherapist helped out with 1x per week massaging the neck.
And at home I had to stretch = lengthen my neck muscles again with this exercise found on YouTube (search for "fix forward head posture")
I learned that we all make the mistake to stick out our chin towards a computer screen ;P and not sit up straight anymore.:o
Look at the video of this guy who explains the problem and solution very good.
:loveliness: Another advice: If you keep on making this mistake automatically...wear a very thick scarf while working. It helped me start changing my wrong habit. Good luck everyone!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 10:22
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-5 04:29
| Show all posts
        ¡Gracias por compartir!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 23:50 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.135052 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list