Forgot password?
 Register
View: 3155|Reply: 33
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Using Ipad to read patterns

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-4-8 08:21
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have seen where some of you use your Ipads for your patterns.  What app do you use to read the patterns with and also how do you go about scanning the patterns.  Do you scan certain portions and then upload then each individually?  This idea intrigues me.  Thanks!!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-5-11 06:53
| Show all posts
worse case comes to worst, you can snap a picture of your chart and just pinch open the picture. you can also use a photo editing/photo collage maker to mark off what you've stitched. if using iPad, remember to go to "settings" and turn off sleep mode:  nothing more frustrating than going to view the screen and it's sleeping! i'm going to stick w paper charts - uses less power. ;)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-16 18:05
| Show all posts

I will look in to it someday. If I know I wil explain it here in detail. I have seen  YouTube fragments but they are in Polish and no subs. Wel I try to do what they do mayby I'm lucky.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-14 17:53
| Show all posts
Noochies

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-4-14 11:30

I just looked up Crossty and it is amazing! I love it already!

I use it all the time now and love it way better than goodreader en Ezpdf reader. But you have to have xsd files. And I don't know how to make them myself so I download them from here.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-16 05:51
| Show all posts
Knabbelkatje

2017-4-14 17:53

I use it all the time now and love it way better than goodreader en Ezpdf reader. But you have to  ...

Yeah that's the only thing. I have a few xsd files which is great but I also don't know how to make them myself.

Comments

I will look in to it someday. If I know I wil explain it here in detail. I have seen YouTube fragments but they are in Polish and no subs. Wel I try to do what they do mayby I'm lucky.  Details Reply Post time 2017-4-16 18:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-21 10:18
| Show all posts
It is the best thing that ever happened to my stitching! I buy pdf patterns so can load them directly onto the iPad. I love good reader, but you have to manually highlight stitches still. Ezypdf does a search and highlight all thing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-18 21:13
| Show all posts
on a iPad you can use Crossty for xsd files and for pdf files you can use goodreader or Ezpdf . Its very handy if you put your xsd files into dropbox Crossty use dropbox. For goodreader and Ezpdf I have everything in googledrive .

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-14 11:30
| Show all posts
Knabbelkatje

2017-4-5 13:50

Hi I use the iPad to for PDF you use goodreader od Ezpdf and for xsd you can use Crossty.

I just looked up Crossty and it is amazing! I love it already!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-14 11:18
| Show all posts
Flirti

2017-4-7 19:09

Can anybody tell me, if there is anything for an Android Tablet?? thanks

There's one called EzPDF. I think that's an android one.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-14 11:15
| Show all posts
I use goodreader on my ipad, which I quite like but might have to check out some of these other ones - see if they are better.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-15 01:43
| Show all posts
yes, crossty is nice - but the fact that you need xsd files isn´t! EzPdf - well I´ll have a try. Thank you

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-10 20:57
| Show all posts
Hi.  I use my ipad to cross stitch.  That way I can highlight done portions or enlarge them, etc.  I use just a plain pdf program and upload each pattern in pdf form to my ipad.  LOVE IT!

Comments

Hi Jakz! Is it easy to use the ipad? How do you highlight done portions?? Thanks!  Details Reply Post time 2015-4-18 08:14

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-15 22:18
| Show all posts
I think that I will try to download a pattern to my tablet and try cross stitching from it.  I am prone to headaches so not sure if the tablet will cause one or not, but I hadn't thought about being able to enlarge the pattern.  Good idea Jakz!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-18 08:14
| Show all posts

Jakz1269

2015-4-10 20:57

Hi.  I use my ipad to cross stitch.  That way I can highlight done portions or enlarge them, etc.  I ...

Hi Jakz! Is it easy to use the ipad? How do you highlight done portions?? Thanks! :)

Comments

I must confess. I watched this youtube video and it told me how. Since I can't post a URL, I will give you the name to type into youtube. Cross Stitching with a Tablet or Phone Good luck  Details Reply Post time 2015-4-19 07:59

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-19 07:59
| Show all posts

dk101

2015-4-17 18:14

Hi Jakz! Is it easy to use the ipad? How do you highlight done portions?? Thanks!

I must confess.  I watched this youtube video and it told me how.  Since I can't post a URL, I will give you the name to type into youtube.

Cross Stitching with a Tablet or Phone

Good luck

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +10 Collapse Reason
Bleu + 10 Usefull information

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-25 03:45
| Show all posts
Thank you so much! I just "inherited" my son's ipad and have been wondering about this!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-4 17:41
| Show all posts
Thank you for information. I did it and it`s very easy and useful.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-8 19:25
| Show all posts
awesome discussion just what i wanted to know

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-20 18:49
| Show all posts
I use goodnotes app on the ipad  if I already have the pattern as a pdf I just add it to dropbox then from there send to goodnotes then I can use as is make larger to read and mark of what I have titched

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-2 16:22
| Show all posts
thanks for the information

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 07:09 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.077511 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list