Register
Search
Author: ShiauLing
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Organizing WIPs

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-3-27 12:20
| Show all posts
i do have a box for each projects... complete with everything I need :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-28 02:03
| Show all posts
All the fabric for my wips are stored in a large tub rolled up with a rubber band around each one.  My floss are seperated by project into ziplock bags (i sort the floss on project cards). Each ziplock bag has an index card with the name of the project inside.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-11 01:46
| Show all posts
I bought the small zip bag and keep every project in separate bags. As I live in Singapore, I keep a carbon bag to reduce humidity.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-13 08:08
| Show all posts
All my tools and thread are in a small plastic case, one side for thread and the other for tools. You can find them at any craft store, makes things nice and simple. My wips go in large plastic bags.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-21 10:20
| Show all posts
I have a lot of wips - who can pick only one! I stitch one colour at a time, so only need to carry a couple of colours around.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-30 09:03
| Show all posts
I only have a couple of wips at the moment, planning on more soon as I have precut a lot of material. I store the thread on bobbins and place a note inside each bag so I know where everything is. :loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-30 19:26
| Show all posts
After I started cross-stitching again since a long time, I first finished my WIPS (oldest one was from over 30 years ago:loveliness:) Now I force myself to do one work at the time and finish it befor I start the next one. So I am always in a hurry, because I like to start something else:D Meanwhile, I enjoy the one I am working with!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-30 19:54
| Show all posts
I bought a big sewing box, all my materials are in it.
Only for my stitchingwork.

Comments

For little stitchingworks I have a small beauty cause from plastic, real cheap.  Post time 2017-7-30 21:22

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-7 15:13
| Show all posts
De stof zit in plastic zakken die ik dicht kan doen en het garen zit in dozen. Deze twee houd ik altijd samen in een grotere plastic zak

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-31 11:19
| Show all posts
I use vinyl zipper pouches, for the pattern picture, fabric. I work from one master set of floss, so I pick my colors I am currently using and they go on a ring. I have my scissors, magnets and needles by my stitchy spot. I use my tablet for most patterns. Sometimes paper and then I use two colors of highlighter. I always use either my 6inch or 4inch hoop. I have found this method reduces my need for lots of duplicates. I have 3 full sets of DMC, one set in bobbin boxes, and the other spares are in my floss cabinet.
I also use the Xstitch App  to keep inventory of WIPS, floss and finishes. I have not taken the time to enter my charts, kits or fabrics.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 05:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.059687 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list