Search
Hot search: hat cross stitch Xsd hae xsd Hae
Author: Slige
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Gridding for HAED

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-5-24 21:32
| Show all posts
Gridding is a godsend for big pieces. I'm paranoid about marker not washing out so I use red fishing line. It takes a bit of time to get ready but its definitely worth it.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-5-25 01:34
| Show all posts
I use sulky Sliver metallic thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-29 20:55
| Show all posts
I grid with a special stift that washes out with water. I first tried on a towel and it did vanished completely. Sometime I work too long on a pice  that I have to grid it for a second time and guess that will also wash away with water. It called a Aqua trickmarker. Prym sells it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-3 16:09
| Show all posts
I have never gridded any of my work including HAED. I just count my design area using the stitch count. I've never had a problem. No matter how large or small a design is, the stitch count is all that's really needed plus I add two inches around the design.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-24 05:48
| Show all posts
Lakeland 2015-5-9 15:36
Ah!  I have to admit, it's been a very long time since I completed a piece of cross stitch; I have j ...

I too have had a recent resurgence into stitching again and this site provides so much motivation.  I was wondering about using those wash out pens for gridding, but how do they work if you don't have the steadiest of hands?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-12 18:27
| Show all posts
no, i now use magic guide

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-17 05:24
| Show all posts
I don't grid. Too much work for me before actually starting! :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-8-12 17:10
| Show all posts
I am too lazy to grid the entire fabric and i also noticed that the grids fade away with time, so I just make small dash with a pencil of 10 squares while i work, not to lose track. And i also think that for some larger projects it is quite important, especially if, like in my current design, there are vast swaths of the same colour, so it is so easy to lose track of what is going on...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-2 03:47
| Show all posts
Morganza 2016-8-12 17:10
I am too lazy to grid the entire fabric and i also noticed that the grids fade away with time, so I  ...

How do you wash the pencil marks out after finishing the piece?

Comments

They are under the threads, so i do not use anything special to wash them off, just wash the entire work. Never had a problem with them showing so far. Though, as I said, i do not make the entire line  Details Reply Post time 2016-10-3 19:40

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-3 19:40
| Show all posts
Ladybug17 2016-10-1 21:47
How do you wash the pencil marks out after finishing the piece?

They are under the threads, so i do not use anything special to wash them off, just wash the entire work. Never had a problem with them showing so far. Though, as I said, i do not make the entire line, just small dashes here and there...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-18 14:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.046870 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list