Print Prev. thread Next thread

How to upload patterns on the crochet forum

[Copy link]
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time: 2015-6-4 04:50
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by leopard danio at 2015-6-4 19:17

1-      I’ll show you how to upload a pattern on the crochet forum. Before doing it, there are some rules about writing the title correctly that you may learn:

Topic titles format:

•  
Company name- Designer name - Pattern name
Ex.:  A morning Cup of Jo Creations- Josephine Wu – Baby Panda

•  For patterns which has a number
Company name - Pattern number- Pattern name
Ex.: Red Heart Yarn – WT1741- Cutest Little Owl

•  For magazines, Pamphlets or Booklets
Magazine name- Issue Name- Issue Date
Designer Name- Booklet Number or Pattern number- Book or Pattern Name
Exs.: Magic of Crochet – Issue 29
          Love of Crochet- Fall 2013
          Leisure Arts – 2749 – Corner Bookmarks to crochet

Please, respect the word order stated above.

2-      The crochet forum has been slip into two forums:

3-      I’ll show you how to upload a crochet pattern. The first thing you need to do is to search for the pattern you will upload to see if it’s already on the forum. I would  like to upload “Amigurumi Cadillac Sofa by AmiEggs”. I’ll search for the following keywords: amigurumi cadillac sofa, Cadillac sofa and Emieggs

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coin +208 Collapse Reason
Michi + 1 Excellent!
ALVAR + 7 Thank you very much!
Turquoise + 200 Excellent work!

View Rating Log

Recommend
Post time: 2016-1-6 07:34
| Show the author posts only
This is well written  leopard danio, Ive been here a little over a year.. I keep reading  all the forum bulletins.. particularly the uploading a crochet pattern.. I will admit that I havent posted lots.. because  each time I have  I did something wrong..so  i get nervous over it.. I really love this sight. Hopefully once I learn it well..I would love to help out on here
and volunteer some time on the forum.. but i know I really  need to learn alot. I have admin in many other rooms.. but  not in the craft s ections of the pc, I sure hope I get the know  how to it all.. Some people mangae to get it   real fast and  others now so much.. I   do know that when I do learn and get how too do things I do it well.. Thanks you so much for your imput

Comments

you're welcome! I've seen a lot of people have been improving and sooner or later they can do it. You'll make it as well. Don't worry. As I told you, it's not necessary to be nervous. If you have ques  Details Reply Post time 2016-1-6 09:03
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Recommend
 Author| Post time: 2017-10-14 02:33

No, there isn't a limit of uploads per day.

The free patterns are the ones we find on the Internet for free. The maximum price for free patterns is 10 coins. When the pattern isn't free, you can charge whatever you want.

As you're a new member, I suggest you to take a look at this tutorial so you can understand how things work: http://www.pindiy.com/thread-282074-1-1.html

Use magic Report

Recommend
 Author| Post time: 2016-1-6 09:03
SexyMinnieMouse

Login/Register to enlarge
2016-1-6 07:34

This is well written  leopard danio, Ive been here a little over a year.. I keep reading  all the fo ...

you're welcome! I've seen a lot of people have been improving and sooner or later they can do it. You'll make it as well. Don't worry. As I told you, it's not necessary to be nervous. If you have questions, drop me a line. I'll be glad to help you!

Use magic Report

Recommend
Post time: 2017-7-29 00:30
Ok, My issue that has come around is that my attached .pdf was an 'open file'.  What the heck is an open file.  I have the pattern here, scanned it into my computer in .pdf form, then attached it and listed the coin cost I was asking when someone wants to download it.  

Comments

an open file means you uploaded images instead of a pdf file  Details Reply Post time 2017-7-29 09:11

Use magic Report

Recommend
Post time: 2017-10-14 01:04
Hi, i'm a new memeber and i wish to know if there's a limit of pattern uploads per day or week. also i'm a little confuse about the prices of the patterns that aren't free. sorry for my english, its not very well. hope you can help me.
thanks and have a good day

Comments

No, there isn't a limit of uploads per day. The free patterns are the ones we find on the Internet for free. The maximum price for free patterns is 10 coins. When the pattern isn't free, you can char  Details Reply Post time 2017-10-14 02:33

Use magic Report

Recommend
Post time: 2016-2-17 07:26
Wow! lots of steps but it is well written and I figure if nothing else before I upload a pattern I could always come back make some notes and give it a try. I am sure by the way you explained it I shouldn't have a problem. Thank you so much for your help.

Comments

you're welcome. If you have any questions, ask me.  Post time 2016-10-4 17:14

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coin +20 Collapse Reason
leopard danio + 20 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Recommend
 Author| Post time: 2017-7-29 20:14
Fyre

2017-7-29 09:25

Thanks Leopard Danio, but how do I make a pdf file? Or (if that requires a paid copy of Adobe Acroba ...

google Convert Images to PDF Online for free. You'll find a lot of options to try for free

Use magic Report

Recommend
 Author| Post time: 2017-7-29 09:11
Fyre

2017-7-29 00:30

Ok, My issue that has come around is that my attached .pdf was an 'open file'.  What the heck is an  ...

an open file means you uploaded images instead of a pdf file

Use magic Report

Recommend
Post time: 2016-10-21 11:10
thank you for that explanation. One thing - isn't it the minimum read level rather than the maximum read level ie. if you choose lvl 2, only lvl 2 and above can read it?

Comments

yep!  Post time 2017-4-29 07:54

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coin +20 Collapse Reason
leopard danio + 20 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Recommend
Post time: 2017-7-29 09:25
Thanks Leopard Danio, but how do I make a pdf file? Or (if that requires a paid copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader) what other ways can I upload?

Comments

google Convert Images to PDF Online. You'll find a lot of options to try for free  Details Reply Post time 2017-7-29 20:14

Use magic Report

12#
Post time: 2015-6-17 16:13
thank you, this has been very helpful. I just have one question. is there a minimum level to be able to post pattern? because I have been following all the steps but I can't find where to attach

Comments

Change your browser. Which one do you use?  Post time 2016-10-4 17:31
Anyone can upload patterns if they are registered. Read the step #4, please  Post time 2015-6-29 17:08

Use magic Report

13#
Post time: 2015-6-26 03:08
Thank you for helping new people here, I just can't find the signs of attachments when I was uploading a thread

Comments

I did not try again but I will, I am still new here so I just decided to take it easy till I fully get use to the forum I really love it and would love to share all what I have soon thank you so mu  Details Reply Post time 2015-7-1 03:53
You're welcome. Can you find them now?  Post time 2015-6-29 17:06

Use magic Report

14#
Post time: 2015-6-29 14:09
As a new member this is very helpful.

Comments

you're welcome  Post time 2016-10-4 17:31
Thanks!  Post time 2015-6-29 17:05

Use magic Report

15#
Post time: 2015-7-1 03:53

Lindo Style

2015-6-25 21:08

Thank you for helping new people here, I just can't find the signs of attachments when I was uploadi ...

I did not try again but I will, I am still new here so I just decided to take it easy till I fully get use to the forum I really love it and would love to share all what I have soon thank you so much

Comments

Have you found the attachment button yet? Don't forget you need to click on "new thread" to see it. See #7 above.  Post time 2015-8-4 20:27

Use magic Report

16#
Post time: 2015-7-13 21:03
Thank you for posting this, it has been very helpful thank you <3

Comments

morena12, you've been doing well. If you have any questions, message me.  Post time 2015-8-4 20:23
Thanks Danio, I will have to study well the steps, for me it is not easy, apparently. kisses  Post time 2015-7-19 21:17
you're welcome  Post time 2015-7-14 00:21

Use magic Report

17#
Post time: 2015-8-4 20:17
excuse me if i'm wrong here. how to do if i'd like to upload a knitting pattern? is it the same way? i'm confused

Comments

yes, it is. It's the same method. Be sure to upload them at the right place: Knitting magazines|Books or Knitting Patterns  Details Reply Post time 2015-8-4 20:22

Use magic Report

18#
 Author| Post time: 2015-8-4 20:22

knitterina

2015-8-4 20:17

excuse me if i'm wrong here. how to do if i'd like to upload a knitting pattern? is it the same way? ...

yes, it is. It's the same method. Be sure to upload them at the right place:

Knitting magazines|Books or

Knitting Patterns

Comments

Thank you so much!  Post time 2016-2-25 08:53
thank you very much. i've to study well . ido't want ti make mistakes.  Details Reply Post time 2015-8-4 20:25

Use magic Report

19#
Post time: 2015-8-4 20:25

leopard danio

2015-8-4 20:22

yes, it is. It's the same method. Be sure to upload them at the right place:

Knitting magazines|B ...

thank you very much. i've to study well . ido't want ti make mistakes.

Comments

yeah, there are a lot of steps but I'm sure you'll be familiar with them soon. Practice makes perfect!  Post time 2015-8-4 20:37

Use magic Report

20#
Post time: 2015-8-4 22:07
I know how to attach but the tool bar where you can find attachments and other things does not show, when I click on new it shows for a second and disappear, I think it is something to do with being new or having permission now I am on level 2 and still this bar is not showing at my side thanks for help

Comments

I use a computer  Details Reply Post time 2015-8-6 05:29
do you use a computer or a phone?  Post time 2015-8-5 00:50

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

||||FAQ|||Dark room|||www.pindiy.com

2017-10-19 17:04 GMT+8

© 2009-2017

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list