Register
Search
Author: Slige
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Your Tips for stitching faster

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-7-25 05:24
| Show all posts
Perdón por la pregunta tonta... Qué es aparcamiento?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-27 00:25
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
3furrycats

2015-7-14 16:50

I don't need to go quicker.  I just enjoy the process for what it is.  Watching TV at the same tim ...

I'm the same :) I am more process oriented than aiming for the product, that is why I sometimes do one picture for a year.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-27 03:25
| Show all posts
I used to use two hands when I did big pieces of needlework, but with cross-stitch I just use one.  I don't need to stitch faster, it's not going anywhere.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-27 09:56
| Show all posts
Thank you to everyone - I'm new at this and it really helps to hear tips from the pros!

Comments

I've been viewing CEDAR COVE a Hallmark Series (so good)....as I stitch. Just enjoying the process!!!  Details Reply Post time 2015-7-27 23:06

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-27 23:06
| Show all posts

mayoungpindiy

2015-7-27 09:56

Thank you to everyone - I'm new at this and it really helps to hear tips from the pros!

I've been viewing CEDAR COVE a Hallmark Series (so good)....as I stitch.  Just enjoying the process!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-8 05:36
| Show all posts
wow...i can't say that i am a beginner at stitching, but i will be honest--quite a few of the tips are new to me....i don't  use a stand(somehow find it a bit awkward) don't use gridding (although, may be a good idea to try..but i like even-ware and it can be tricky sometimes.)But one thing I would advise to all. A tip that gave me my husband's Grandmother (!) needles with the "open" eye. Not sure what is the right terminology, but the needle has a little cut in the eye and you don't need to pull the thread through, you just push down at whatever part of the thread you want to start with and it slides trough the cut into the needle eye. Genius invention! absolutely love it!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-25 19:32
| Show all posts
Gridding, highlighting the stitches I'm going to be doing, and stitching only one colour at a time. I thread 60+ needles (depending on how many I have) so I can just keep going and going

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-25 20:21
| Show all posts

3furrycats

2015-7-14 22:50

I don't need to go quicker.  I just enjoy the process for what it is.  Watching TV at the same tim ...

Pareil! j'aime broder, pourquoi sa dépêcher? sauf si un autre ouvrage en attente fait battre mon cœur <3

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-5 10:35
| Show all posts
well for me i do park some threads.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-17 23:59
| Show all posts
Great tips, thank you. I enjoy process too, but one work in year is not good, I want more.
My help is PM4 - I stitch directly from screen. I highlight one color - it is easier for me follow it in pattern and I make less mistakes. I change symbols and magnify pattern too.
And I change color of stitched crosses in pattern (in 3845 for example) - so I can see in usage table, how much I made that day (400 is good, 600 better, 1000 is whole day stitching, but even 200 is allright). It is very motivating for me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 04:36 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070669 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list