Register
View: 1027|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Caron Waterlilies

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-7-2 20:53
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hello everyone.
I've just bought Waterlilies for two projects (Persephone and Florentina from Mirabilia), and I've never used them before, and I heard that they bleed.
So I have questions to thosre who used them.
Do they really bleed, how much, and what impressions you have about this? I just think (and hope) that it might really not look so bad when/if they bleed. I'm even excited about this, because colour effects might be stunning!
And two: Maybe someone has photos of the finished projects? Especially those with bleeding, of course :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2015-7-3 02:25
| Show all posts
I cannot give you any suggestions on caron or waterlilies although i have them in my stash, but rainbow gallery hand-dyed thread does bleed, hence i would suggest it would be wise you write direct to the company and take their advice  or wash the thread before use.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-3 07:09
| Show all posts
this makes me weary to use them

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-17 01:23
| Show all posts
They are so expensive, too. That's the biggest thing keeping me from using them in a project unless I have to.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-25 20:27
| Show all posts
J'ai déjà brodé ces fils, un vrai régal. Le nuancé est très beau et la soie assez solide, ils s'effilochent moins que la soie AVAS

Comments

merci pour votre opinion!  Post time 2015-8-25 23:41

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-7 04:17
| Show all posts
I haven't used these before, but you could test by dipping a sample in water and see if it bleeds there.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-19 20:03
| Show all posts
I have used them but have never washed my project/fabric/floss so I can't help with the bleeding. I would check to see if they recommend washing before hand. You could always try some synthrapol - it sets the dye to stop from running when you dye fabric and floss, but I would ask first before hand.

Comments

thank you for your reply. Sadly, I'm in Ukraine and have never even heard of synthrapol. On the manufacturer's site they recommend to try the threads for bleeding beforehand and if they do wash them w  Details Reply Post time 2015-9-20 05:04

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-9-20 05:04
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
cutiepie

Login/Register to enlarge
2015-9-19 15:03

I have used them but have never washed my project/fabric/floss so I can't help with the bleeding. I  ...

thank you for your reply. Sadly, I'm in Ukraine and have never even heard of synthrapol. On the manufacturer's site they recommend to try the threads for bleeding beforehand and if they do wash them with big quantities of water. Guess I'll just have to try

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-8 00:38
| Show all posts
... look out for color fixer - or use water and vinegar - google or youtube may help! have fun with stitching

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 05:23
| Show all posts
I haven't used these before

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 10:14 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061495 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list