| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 478|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

Do you take pictures when you give something away?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-1-23 03:00
| Show all posts |Read mode
I've given away lots of things that I have made, but only within the last year or so have I started to take pictures and keep an album of the things I've given away. Once I give it away, I often never see it again, and will forget about something. Then I'll think -- what did that look like, or what color did I use for that, and have no way to figure it out. What do you do when you give away a piece of work?
Post time: 2016-12-21 00:22
| Show all posts
I normally photograph everything I make unless I don't care for it.  When I started getting online 20 years ago (Dang!  34 ain't old, but DANG, 20 years ago is a long time to have used the interwebs!  lol), I discovered Elfwood, and I naturally got scans or photos of everything to show people.  Now I do it out of habit, even if I don't show people, I usually have documentation of it on my computer.  =)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-24 06:50
| Show all posts
For some reason I always keep patterns after I finish them and those go in a binder in protective plastic insert page. If I make any color changes I  note them on the pattern. If I wanted to make it again I may put spare threads there. As for the photos, facebook. I post what I finish there so now I have a catalog of what I did even if I give it away.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-5-25 11:39
| Show all posts
Always.  I take pictures of every finish, even if I'm keeping it.  I keep a stitching photo album with WIP pictures, finishes, little notes about where a piece is going if I'm giving it away, etc.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-24 12:16
| Show all posts
I like to take pictures of all the items I make, whether they be cross stitch, crochet, etc. I like to post pictures of my progress on my blog, so I usually have a bunch of pictures, anyway.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-12-22 22:40
| Show all posts
I didn't years ago. No digital cameras and just never thought about it. Now I do because it is just so easy. I wish I had pictures of my early things.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-28 14:55
| Show all posts
I try to alway take a picture and keep track of the hook/needle/yarn/etc. I have a horrible memory and it helps if I ever want to make it again.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-30 08:13
| Show all posts
I never used to because back when I started stitching and knitting there were no such things as Pindiy or Facebook...lol...but now I do

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-31 07:12
| Show all posts
I have given away lots of stitcheries that I wish I photographed, but now I always take a photo.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-4 02:50
| Show all posts
I take progress pictures as well as completed ones.
Learn't from my own mistake lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-6-19 06:36
| Show all posts
I always photograph the things I make, whether I give away or keep.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-27 08:32
| Show all posts
I do  I take pics of everything I make....just in case

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-6-1 15:47
| Show all posts
my wife does this and she has so  many toys with photos of all

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 03:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.065948 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list