Forgot password?
 Register
View: 488|Reply: 20
Collapse the left

Saving Patterns

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-2-4 06:24
| Show all posts |Read mode
I've been saving patterns on my computer.  Since my computer was old, hubby purchased a new one for me with lots of memory and he purchased an external hard drive that holds a lot of memory.  He told me I will never fill up the external hard drive.  Guess what?  I couldn't save anymore to my external hard drive and my hard drive on my computer is almost full.  Where do you save your patterns?
Post time: 2017-7-2 07:13
| Show all posts
There are some sites that will allow you to save your books, patterns, documents, anything you want on their servers for free, you just need to search for them.  I'm not sure we're allowed to discuss anything like that here and I certainly wouldn't mention other sites but they're easy enough to find.  What I will say, don't trust your hard drive or your external drives, I've lost a few.  I now back up with Carbonite.  It's not ideal but it's better than losing all things I've worked so hard to get :-).  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-19 01:00
| Show all posts

That's great that you don't have to pay either. Saves a lot of coins and the magazines cost a fortune of gcs. I notice some of the re-paint xsd files are now costing 199 gcs plus 30 to download. Now that is crazy. I love some of them but would't spend that much without knowing the quality of the file.

Comments

you would think someone checks the quality of the files:) I think I have more patterns then this site has, LOL  Post time 2016-2-19 03:23

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-9 18:19
| Show all posts
jbekkevold

Login/Register to enlarge
2016-2-5 21:15

Can you just print out the pattern? I, too think will have this issue since my computer is old. What ...

Me too. Downloading is addictive but printing is expensive. I did though go to the library and spent $24 on printing which was much cheaper than using ink from my printer.

Comments

I don't buy either, and I don't buy magazines. I have a group of friends who share and of course there is this site.  Details Reply Post time 2016-2-17 23:55

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-9 18:16
| Show all posts
I keep buying USBs. I download a lot of free magazines and books. I don't buy them on here cause I already knew the site where they get magazines for free and then on here they charge you to download them. As for books and cross stitch charts, I get a lot of those free too.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-2-17 23:55
| Show all posts
tricialynn

2016-2-9 05:19

Me too. Downloading is addictive but printing is expensive. I did though go to the library and spe ...

I don't buy either, and I don't buy magazines.  I have a group of friends who share and of course there is this site.

Comments

That's great that you don't have to pay either. Saves a lot of coins and the magazines cost a fortune of gcs. I notice some of the re-paint xsd files are now costing 199 gcs plus 30 to download. Now t  Details Reply Post time 2016-2-19 01:00

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-19 14:23
| Show all posts
Reddy

2016-2-19 07:38

I save my patterns on an external hard drive, too. Once a drive get full I just get another one. The ...

Maybe when I can save up some money, I'll do that too. I've emailed myself many of them so I don't lose them.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-19 07:38
| Show all posts
I save my patterns on an external hard drive, too. Once a drive get full I just get another one. The price of external hard drives have really gone down. I just might invest in an external hard drive just for my patterns.

Comments

Maybe when I can save up some money, I'll do that too. I've emailed myself many of them so I don't lose them.  Details Reply Post time 2016-2-19 14:23
that's what I did!  Post time 2016-2-19 08:24

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-4 08:55
| Show all posts
I save my patterns to a secondary hard drive, which is also backed up to a third drive in my computer. I also have an external hard drive that I need to connect to my computer, which will give me a lot more space!

Comments

I have that also, but my secondary external hard drive is full.  Post time 2016-2-4 22:16

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-6 02:06
| Show all posts
Ok I just downloaded a pattern but I am not sure how to open it. What program do you use to open a pattern with a .rar extension? Thank you in advance for your help. Jan

Comments

you can download .rar on this site and use it to open the files. It's like using a zip file.  Post time 2016-2-6 02:58

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-5 21:15
| Show all posts
Can you just print out the pattern? I, too think will have this issue since my computer is old. What about saving to the cloud? Is this a possiblity?

Comments

Me too. Downloading is addictive but printing is expensive. I did though go to the library and spent $24 on printing which was much cheaper than using ink from my printer.  Details Reply Post time 2016-2-9 18:19
I could print it out, but I have 3 full books of patterns:)  Post time 2016-2-5 23:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-6 23:09
| Show all posts
Thank you, I had to download WinRar on my computer to open my download

Comments

your welcome....anytime!  Post time 2016-2-6 23:16

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 02:03 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.129097 sec., 23 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list