| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: SallySue
Collapse the left

How do you convert a pattern to a repaint?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-2-26 00:09
| Show all posts
SallySue 2016-2-25 09:06
I copied a scanned pattern into One Note.  It does a nice job of enlarging the pattern.  It stays  ...

Thanks.  I didn't realize you could do that with One Note; now I have something new to play with:)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-26 00:20
| Show all posts
Darcyandrick 2016-2-25 10:05
Thank you, thank you for such helpful information; the newbies truly thank you.  I have a question ...

To be honest I've never tried to upload to a tablet. I always just use my cheap printer and make paper copies so I can mark off where I've stitched. I would imagine that they would open on a tablet just like on a puter if you have the PM4 program on the tablet. You might want to go to the Pattern Maker website and check that out. Someone posted once that there is an option to turn the patten to jpegs FROM the PM4 itself, so that may be an option though I have not done that either. I just like my paper copies so have never looked into it. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-27 05:03
| Show all posts
@Turquoise
This is the first post, with pictures:

---------------------------------------------------

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but if you have a pattern that has black symbols, like this:

Snap 2016-02-23 at 13.40.02.jpg
and you want it to be symbols with colour, like this:

Snap 2016-02-23 at 13.40.24.jpg

Pattern Maker has a feature that takes care of that for you.

If that's not what you mean, please clarify :-)

---------------------------------------------------------

And this is the second post:

----------------------------------------------------------

I have the full version of Pattern Maker, and therefore do not have the PM Viewer. I do not know if that feature is available in the Pattern Maker Viewer (I think it is), but you can check by doing as follows:

First, double click somewhere on the palette at the bottom:

001.jpg

You should get a number of options when you've double clicked, choose the tab that says Symbol format, and check the box next to where it says Allow color behind symbols:

002.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you :-)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-2-28 10:12
| Show all posts
evenflo09 2016-2-24 06:16
To those who think there is no difference between a repaint and a scanned version, you couldn't be m ...

Hi,

I downloaded the pattern maker from the link you provided.  The second half downloaded perfectly.  However, when I try to open the first half I get an error message saying that the file can not be opened because it is damaged.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sally

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-29 04:12
| Show all posts
SallySue 2016-2-27 20:12
Hi,

I downloaded the pattern maker from the link you provided.  The second half downloaded perfec ...

I went ahead and downloaded this new version. For me it was the 2nd part that gave me a problem message. I put them in the same folder and just went ahead and tried to install it. It installed perfectly. The simplest thing to do would be to delete both parts and any folders that were created from them. Then go back and re-download both parts again. It won't cost you any coins at all. Open the first file. If it works right and creates a folder, go back and open the second but when the box pops up and says it sending to a folder, click on the arrow at the side of that box and click on the first folders name. It will then go into the same folder as the first one. Then open that folder and double click on the title in the list that says application. Hope this helps you and anyone who needs help with it. :) Let us know how it goes.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-7 18:16
| Show all posts
Strawberry Cat 2016-2-22 20:50
You will have to copy the pattern stitch by stitch (symbol by symbol) into the repaint software of y ...

nope o.o i copy whole page [yeah patterns with 100 pages are annoying] but not symbol by symbol

Comments

i too would love to know how to copy the whole page into a repaint  Post time 2016-4-14 03:00
I'd be very interested to see that! Thanks in advance!  Post time 2016-3-7 20:50
there is a russian software that allows u to do it ;) and a video but in polish lol i will upload that software and try to write a tutorial in english later this week if u would like ;)  Post time 2016-3-7 19:23
Please explain how you copy a scanned pattern into a repaint pattern page by page rather than symboll by symbol. Thanks!  Post time 2016-3-7 18:59

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-7 21:12
| Show all posts
I would like to also know how to import patterns into the software to get a repaint copy.

You can use your tablet for cross stitching but I only have been able to do this with a pdf copy. I use a repaint version and save it as a pdf. I then open Adobe and import the pattern into Adobe. Save the original copy and now you can start with the copy you made. Use the marker to mark the stitches you have done and save as you work.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-3-11 11:10
| Show all posts
Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me with this question.  I think I might have it figured out now.  It's fun!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-9-26 16:00
| Show all posts
gracias, esta informacion es muy buena!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-17 10:24
| Show all posts
I had not considered the benefits of repaints.  Thanks for the info everyone!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 08:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052534 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list