Search
Hot search: Russian Crochet
View: 834|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Lugana vs magic guide

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-3-12 15:08
| Show all posts |Read mode
I'm planning my first Haed for my next project. 25 count is new to me and I can't find sample pieces in Holland. Could someone tell me the difference between Lugana and magic guide. I like the gridding of the magic guide,but I read that it is 20x20. And I can't buy it here. I have to order from abroad. Any information would help!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-3-12 16:32
| Show all posts
yes magic guide is 20x20. i find it is excellent for Haed charts, so much easier to pick up any errors. Would highly recommend it to anyone.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-3-15 15:18
| Show all posts
Thank you for the information on the Dmc gridding! I realised that 10 by 10 gridding would be really small. But I am still hoping for information on the differences between Dmc and Lugana fabric besides the gridding. Are the threads thicker with one and therefor the holes smaller? Something like that. Any noticeble difference?

Thank you for the help.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-20 17:40
| Show all posts
This is helpful!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-1 19:30
| Show all posts
for me I think lugana is confusing.. they are threads instead of boxes unlike the dmc fabric... both are soft... I tried lugana and my image is distorted that is because i cant control how tight or how loose my tension is..  control is the key for lugana... in my own opinion and experience dmc fabric is still better but there are other people who swears on lugana :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-7 08:45
| Show all posts
isn´t magig guide Aida and Lugana evenweave - totally different kind of fabric! On Aida one cross is 1 over 1, and Lugana 2 Threads over 2 Threads ... am I right?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-4-17 17:12
| Show all posts
25 count is evenweave. 14 and 18 count should be aida.

Little update: After starting on Lugana like Ubelhor fabric for my heaven and earth patern I noticed the flexibility of the threads made it harder to get the tension right. So I switched to DMC magic guide. It is stiffer so I can pull harder without problems.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-2-3 02:36
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info on the gridding :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 02:50
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-4 01:47
| Show all posts
¡Esto es útil!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 07:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056557 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list