| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 6116|Reply: 49
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Haed Question on fabric and thread?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-4-26 08:27
| Show all posts |Read mode
I am using a 25 ct fabric 2 threads over one because that is what HAEDs tell you to use with there patterns.  I find these patterns to be so slow and time consuming!  Also the finished part is so thick!  WHy are they to be done like this?  My crossstitch looks great so far but just wondering what others do with the HAEDs?
Thanks

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2021-12-3 10:42
| Show all posts
I find 2 x 1 on 25ct too thick, too -- it's expecially hard with lots of confetti. I finally backed off and either stitch 1 x 1, or use 22 ct instead (which is still thick, but definitely more doable.) Most people I know use only one strand on 25ct or higher.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-10-15 15:41
| Show all posts
good afternoon! I embroidered HAED on the canvas of 18 count with a cross in 2 threads. it turned out great

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-11-18 01:25
| Show all posts
Great thread to read, I think they are beautiful but am very intimidated by them.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-9-27 21:43
| Show all posts
Prueba con una hebra asi no te quedará tan gordito

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-1-18 02:07
| Show all posts
Thanks so much for  sharing this!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-5 04:44
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for the info! Very helpful.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-11-30 05:37
| Show all posts
very nice, thanks for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 02:14
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-4-26 08:34
| Show all posts
Im doing gothic princess atm, Im doing it on 18count aida and havent had any problems yet. the time consuming bit is not something i think you can change though, its just something that is involved with the patterns since they are so big and have so many colours

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-4-26 08:35
| Show all posts
what is the haed pattern you are currently doing?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-4-26 08:48
| Show all posts
Reply 3# phoenixdark

I am actually working on two at the moment.
Lavender Moon artist is Jessica Galbreth
and
Storykeep Masquerade artist is Ching Chou-Kuik

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-4-26 08:53
| Show all posts
wow! and im having enough fun with one. talk about effort
I must admit though when you sit there and look at the size of the pattern by stitches (which is what i had to do, because even though gothic princess had a fabric size listed for 18 count adia, it didnt actually match, and Im so glad my mum suggested working it out by myself first instead of following what they had written),the size of the project didnt actually sink in untill i'd cut the fabric, found the centre and outlined where the pattern will sit...and then it was kind of like omg what have i started

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-4-26 09:06
| Show all posts
Reply 5# phoenixdark
You are having fun?  Me, not!!  I find that these patterns are so tedious and slow moving.  Very tough stitching 2 threads over 1.  In a sitting I stitch the most 100 stitches and that is a good day!  Mind you I am not putting the patterns down in anyway just so time consuming and so slow moving!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-4-26 09:20
| Show all posts
Well I must admit I dont find it as relaxing as some of my other patterns. usually when i do a pattern i love the feeling when you can start to see bits of it and i just get this accomplished feeling when i can see that its actually looking how its supposed to. Like im also doing Gorjuss - the foxes at the moment, since its a small pattern and I can carry it round when i go to work (if i wont be getting dirty) and things like that and the pattern is actually taking shape, with the HAED though it honestly looks like im just doing blobs and nothing else. I find the frame awkward to work with as well. its a big standing frame,this is the first time I've worked with one of them, and im not having fun with that.I guess I'll be really happy when its done, but for now...i must admit it feels slightly like a chore rather than a hobby with it, Im hoping that feeling will go away when I get into more detailed areas rather than the background

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-4-26 09:42
| Show all posts
2 threads over 1 stitch on 25ct is crazy. I did a storykeep that way, and that was it. 1 thread over 1 on 25ct would work. I did a quick stitch 2 threads over 1 on 18ct aida and it was great. ate a lot of thread, but absolutely stunning. took me 6 months of stithing nothing but. i've done a few (started, never finished) 1x1 on 32 ct, 1 thread over 2 stitches on 40ct, 2 threads over 1 stitch on 28ct but only doing half a stitch. they are very versatile patterns. do take FOREVER, but are SOOOOOO worth it in the end.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-4-26 09:57
| Show all posts
I too use 18 count with 2 threads ... when it's finished it is fabulous ... looks just like a painting (this is what friends say about mine ... think may-be that is the intention with these sort of charts) so may-be before you go too far you could think of changing your fabric to 18 count Aida then i think you'll be please with the final result. Best of luck with your projects :)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-4-26 21:14
| Show all posts
Thanks for all your info on this question.  Must say HAED patterns on not for the weak of heart :lol Will keep stitching away and just add a few other WIPs in between to make it look like I am getting somewhere :)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 11:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064566 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list