| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: ellykang
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How do you clean finished cross-stitch work?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-6-30 21:06
| Show all posts

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-6-30 21:08
| Show all posts
colours will fade if in direct sunlight but it will take some time; you can get anti reflect glass to prevent this

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-6-30 21:08
| Show all posts
colours will fade if in direct sunlight but it will take some time; you can get anti reflect glass to prevent this

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-6-30 21:09
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-9-23 04:14
| Show all posts
hand wash with a shampoo

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-4 02:47
| Show all posts
don't wash if you are using overdyes - many of the colors will run, spot clean if possible.  always wash hands before stitching to remove any oil from them.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-26 22:46
| Show all posts
i wash it with warm water and mild soap

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-28 02:07
| Show all posts
I wash with cool water with a couple drops of mild soap. Then I roll in a clean towel and then transfer the fabric to another towel to iron the backside.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-7 19:54
| Show all posts
hmm, If I am unsure of colorfast floss, I fix them (with vinegar or special solution) - so they won´t bleeb when be washed. I grid my fabric with a special pen (disappear if in contact with water) or special thread, .. when I am finished I like to wash my piece in lukewarm wter with a little drop of soap - let it soak a bit and clean itunder fresh water, Put it on a colth and let it dry! Be careful when you have beads on the fabric, wah it first and iron it - THEN bead it! When the fabric is dry I iron it - you can damp it a bit, and make sure you use a  cloth as protection. Keep ypur iron not too hot, it takes a little longer, but you can be sure of you donßt "hurt" it =) have fun!
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-11 01:44
| Show all posts
Never use pencil on the fabric. It is so hard to get rid of them after finish. I suggest water erasalbe pens and always try on edges before use it in large scale. Hope it helps

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-5 05:37 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.036078 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list