Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 452|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

Crocheters

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-11-23 01:04
| Show all posts |Read mode
My husband is just getting back into crochet after many many years.  He did a tiny bit 8 years ago, a tiny bit maybe 3 years ago, and now he is crocheting like crazy.  He loves it.  I want to get him some crafty things to go with it.  Got the basket for the yarn balls.  I saw this yarn bowl deal at a local shop.  You put your ball in there, and the yarn threads through an eye-like deal.  We're pretty practical and minimalist normally...  Is something like that worth getting?  Should he just keep the ball on his lap like he's been doing?

What do y'all have?  Sometimes he uses one of my big needles with his work.  Is there a specific needle I should buy?  Should I make him a little needle book or chantelaine?  Manly ones?  

Post time: 2016-11-24 04:53
| Show all posts
I just got that pattern also will start after Christmas projects are done
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-11-23 01:17
| Show all posts
If you're minimalist I wouldn't waste time and money on the yarn bowl unless you just love the way it looks. My mom used a plastic bowl with a lid to keep her yarn in. It keeps it dust free if you don't work for a while. She just cut a hole in the lid and then glued a piece of fabric around the edge so it wouldn't snag her yarn. A plastic coffee can would probably work well. You could even decorate it to look manly

I don't crochet much. I assume the size needle depends on the type yarn and project he is doing. What types of things does he like? I do have some crochet books I haven't looked through to see if they are all already here.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-11-23 01:46
| Show all posts
He's been doing blankets, scarves, and shawls here lately.  He's going to do wrist warms for the girls soon, and he's supposed to do a hat for our son.  I'm trying to get him to make toys.  The dolls we've been getting the girls break so easily.  Maybe if they are sewn, they can't crack and break so much.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-11-24 00:46
| Show all posts
Pretty cool that he enjoys the crochet. The gonks are great, and be sure to find all the clothes available for them. Most of them are free, so it is easy to get a whole collection. That would be an amazing gift for a loved child! Tell him we all support him, and be sure to share his work with us in the Crochet Diary area. I'll be sure to look for it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-11-27 04:03
| Show all posts
I keep my yarn in a empty Maxwell house coffee container.  Nothing fancy and works well and keeps the cats away from it.  But its up to you.  They do have some very nice and pricey yarn bowls out there.  I would also like to see the pictures when he's finished. Sounds like fun

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-11-23 03:21
| Show all posts
Spyctre 2016-11-22 11:51
I asked my husband to make this for me.  Just the blanket, but I would love the whole thing!  I have ...

Wow that is gorgeous ! I still have a few handmade toys and dolls from my childhood. They mean so much more than the store bought ones.

Comments

They really are. I only have a few from my childhood, too. Wish I had more. I'm a habitual purger. My mom is "waste not, want not." We had a lot of stuff. So I go through things all the time.   Post time 2016-11-23 12:13

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-11-23 01:51
| Show all posts
I asked my husband to make this for me.  Just the blanket, but I would love the whole thing!  I have a tiny porcelain baby that needs a blanket.  And clothes.  He needs to get busy learning! 013032gekr5g5y5vegzyem.jpg

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-11-27 23:35
| Show all posts
it's beautiful!                          

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-11-23 10:29
| Show all posts
Have you seen the Gonk patterns? Cute fun crochet troll looking doll. And there are many free outfit patterns online

Comments

Just looked them up. So cute! Even my husband likes them. =D He's gonna try them!  Post time 2016-11-23 12:15

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-11-24 02:18
| Show all posts
I'll get him to make an account later.  He's ears deep in Christmas gifts right now.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-11-24 00:56
| Show all posts
Yay ! Please share pictures when he makes them. I think they look so fun

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 02:56 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.096803 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list